Gaming/Music headset for under £50?

mattd284

Honorable
Mar 22, 2012
Hi guys, im looking for a headset to use mainly for gaming and listening to music. Im not really a hardcore PC gamer, i dont play MMOs or anything like that. Im not really an audiophile either, but I do like my music and Im used to some decent stereo speakers.

Basically what Im looking for is a headset that has a good sound quality for games and good for music and just general PC stuff. I need a microphone and it would be handy if it was removable or you could bend it away. I'd also like to take it on long car journeys with my laptop/phone so I don't want anything too big. Not really bothered if it's surround sound or not.

At the minute Im thinking of the Creative Fatal1ty HS800, the Tritton AX 180 or the Turtle Beach P11. Which is best and what else should I be considering?
£50 is probably the limit of what I want to spend.

Thanks in advance! :)

Solution
I personally can't fit them too well. It's not as tight as I would like so they don't clamp onto my head as tightly. Could be that my head is not very wide. The LED lights that changes on the sides of the headphones do look cool if you're gaming. Otherwise, it just looks silly. It is a closed headset so as long as it's a tight fit, it should block out a lot of ambient noise. Didn't do well for me because it wasn't a good fit. Sound quality is good and LOUD. It doesn't handle vocals well or pop, hip hop, or anything that isn't heavy or has any decent bass. Gaming-wise, you don't have to worry about that.

ksham

Honorable
Mar 29, 2013
My fault. Completely skipped over that part. The Turtle Beach X12 is a great budget one. I would really recommend the Corsair Vengeance 1500 and Logitech G35, which are really good ones, but a bit over the budget.

ksham

Honorable
Mar 29, 2013
I personally can't fit them too well. It's not as tight as I would like so they don't clamp onto my head as tightly. Could be that my head is not very wide. The LED lights that changes on the sides of the headphones do look cool if you're gaming. Otherwise, it just looks silly. It is a closed headset so as long as it's a tight fit, it should block out a lot of ambient noise. Didn't do well for me because it wasn't a good fit. Sound quality is good and LOUD. It doesn't handle vocals well or pop, hip hop, or anything that isn't heavy or has any decent bass. Gaming-wise, you don't have to worry about that.

Solution

mattd284

Honorable
Mar 22, 2012

Sounds good, I do have a large-ish head, but I will have to see if I can find a shop that sells them so I can try them out. Thanks for your advice!