Gaming or normal laptop

ernest1201

Estimable
Apr 30, 2015
Hello guys,

I can''t decide wether to buy or not buy a gaming laptop.
The reasons I have for buying one are:
- my parents are divorced and I would like a second gaming pc or laptop for at my dad
- I will probably use a laptop when I go to university so might as well buy a good one
I was thinking about this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01IO9YB8K/?th=1&psc=1

The reasons for buying a normal laptop are:
- I expect to go to university next year and then I will take my gaming pc I already have with me and having a second gaming pc doesn't make sense
- gaming laptops generally don't have a very good battery life
- they make quite a lot of noise in a silent college

I am about a fourth of the time at my dad's place

Thank you in advance.

faalin

Honorable
Feb 22, 2012
I would go gaming laptop. They have better parts and will last longer for general use. When it can no longer support gaming it is still useful for everyday tasks like internet usage or MS office.

As for battery My MSI GT60 with a 780m runs for a good portion of the day if im just doing regular work as it turns the 780m card off and uses the intel on chip graphics.

ernest1201

Estimable
Apr 30, 2015
That would save your battery life but I cant find if the laptop I had in mind does that and also of you can lower your fps when not gaming cause you don't need high fps when you are browsing

faalin

Honorable
Feb 22, 2012
any newer laptop that has a intel cpu and a second video card will do this. I dont run anything AMD and dont keep up on them so i have no idea if they do that as well.

The msi laptop you linked in the OP will switch between cards depending on the load.