Garmin Vivoactive Fitness Smartwatch Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

kindsethk

Estimable
Apr 3, 2015
Good article. I just received mine this morning. GPS is off and the battery is already down to 10%. I pulled it off the charger at 10am and it's now 12:10pm. Seems like the battery is discharging to quickly.

kindsethk

Estimable
Apr 3, 2015
Good article. I just received mine this morning. GPS is off and the battery is already down to 10%. I pulled it off the charger at 10am and it's now 12:10pm. Seems like the battery is discharging to quickly.
Apologies. I meant to say it's down 10%.

valentinalucia

Estimable
Oct 10, 2014

That's strange, I never had that issue. Did you fully charge the device before wearing it the first time? I would recommend waiting until later in the day or tomorrow to see how quickly the battery depletes over more time.

emuller

Estimable
Apr 3, 2015
One correction: you say "Unfortunately, you can't select which notifications are delivered", but actually you can choose which apps will have notifications sent. It's under Settings->Smart Notifications in the Garmin Connect app (at least on the Android version, haven't looked at the iOS app)

Eleebob7

Estimable
Apr 8, 2015
Have you tried reading a full e-mail when you have multiple emails? You wrote: "Then, I could tap the display and read the full message if I wanted to."

I've been seeing an issue where if I have more than 1 e-mail, it won't let me read the body of the e-mail and it only displays the subject line.

Ben87w

Estimable
Apr 18, 2015
I cant believe no one has written about the poor vibration alerts. It buzzes lightly once, and that's it. One has to be half expecting the alert to not miss it!

Even for incoming calls, it buzzes once and stops. That's how calls are missed, isn't it? :(

romi019

Estimable
Apr 18, 2015
Hi...can you please help me in choosing between Surge and Vivoactive? I need it mostly for jogging and sprinting....I hate chest straps but if surge heart rate is not that reliable I dont want that. Thanks for your help. Romi

Philippe31

Estimable
Apr 25, 2015
Hi roumi
Il you all ready have a Garmin and hate chest straps, you can use MIO LINK it works perfectly for me ( I can't wear chest straps for anatomic reasons and I have a Garmin forerunner 620).

romi019

Estimable
Apr 18, 2015

romi019

Estimable
Apr 18, 2015
Thank you for your reply. I have never had Garmin, but I had two Polar watches with straps and they always stop working after less than a year. So I am afraid of the straps. I do not want to spend alot of money and then cannot use it for quite some time. Yesterday I was seeing the Garmin Forerunner 620 and really liked it, it seems to have so much useful things like Vo2 max...how is it for you? Do you like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.