Garmin Vivosmart Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brollly

Estimable
Dec 29, 2014
A fitness tracker that can't track your heart rate is nearly useless in my opinion. It's the single most important feature to me so I find it hard to believe the best tracker is one that doesn't have this ability. And forget me wanting to wear a chest strap all day.

Cosmo23

Estimable
Jan 18, 2015
No heart rate monitor. Why bother. That is too important for fitness to be left out. Not sure how this can be the best without a heart rate monitor. Would buy it if that was included.

Fireboyrc

Estimable
Jan 21, 2015
These reviews need to include how big of a wrist size they will go on. I have tried a couple of these fit bands and they always run small for me. If someone wants to order on-line this would be useful info.

Packey

Estimable
Jan 24, 2015
I think the jury is still out on the effectiveness of the HRM activity trackers. If the HRM is not as accurate as a chest strap why bother. I like that the Vivosmart has left room for you to use any ANT+ HRM you choose. I think the notifications need some work, like the ability to not pick up old unread email etc, but all in all I am liking my Vivosmart. Fitbit still has the edge on the app front however.

Simonh5

Estimable
Feb 16, 2015
Don’t buy a Garmin VivioSmart if you intent to use Insect Repellent!

This is a warning to everyone out there that was thinking of buying a Garmin VivoSmart for hiking or wearing it where you need to use insect repellent.

I was given a Vivosmart for my birthday, started using it religiously as I really loved the features that it provided.  Went hiking one weekend, sprayed Aeroguard (insect repellent) on myself, and found that at the surface of the Vivosmart band slightly discoloured later that day which did not come off with wiping it with a damp cloth.  A couple of months later one entire line of the OLED display was missing inside the unit.  I spoke to Garmin many times and they will not repair or replace the unit as they have decided that the insect repellent voided the warranty.

I find it very hard to believe that the insect repellent has in fact damaged the OLED display or any of the components in the band as it clearly doesn’t look like the repellent has penetrated the plastic.

Now I have a vivosmart that you can’t read due to the line missing on the OLED display and Garmin have washed their hands of me!

shaulporat

Estimable
Apr 6, 2015
No heart rate monitor. Why bother. That is too important for fitness to be left out. Not sure how this can be the best without a heart rate monitor. Would buy it if that was included.
A fitness tracker that can't track your heart rate is nearly useless in my opinion. It's the single most important feature to me so I find it hard to believe the best tracker is one that doesn't have this ability. And forget me wanting to wear a chest strap all day.

shaulporat

Estimable
Apr 6, 2015
from brolly:
No heart rate monitor. Why bother. That is too important for fitness to be left out. Not sure how this can be the best without a heart rate monitor. Would buy it if that was included.[/quote
I agree with Brolly 100 percent.

is there activity smart band that is geared for swimmers? Water proof,heart rate,blood pressure, body temperature, water temperature, blood pressure,sleep monitor?

Status
Not open for further replies.