Gateway/dell windows 8.1 cant get it to go to safe mode

Down and Out

Estimable
Nov 8, 2015
When I start my laptop it shows it loading then I get the blue screen with a message Memory_Management. It then save all the data and will reboot it goes to the same spot it is running in a loop. I can't get it to boot in safe-mode. So can anyone tell me how to fix this or get me into safe mode.
Thanks

Solution
Hi,

The only way that you can get into Safe Mode when your laptop doesn't load into the desktop screen or even in the logon screen is to repeatedly tap of F8 while it's on the Gateway splash screen. It should show Advanced Boot Options and you'll be able to see Safe Mode options from it. If you can still load up to the logon screen here's a complete tutorial on what you can do.
- While on the logon screen you should see the shut down button.
- Hold down the shift key and select restart. (Do not let go of shift while selecting restart)
- It would restart on the Choose an option screen
- Select Troubleshoot then Advanced Options and lastly Startup settings
- Select Enable Safe Mode and click Restart on the bottom right.
Hi,

The only way that you can get into Safe Mode when your laptop doesn't load into the desktop screen or even in the logon screen is to repeatedly tap of F8 while it's on the Gateway splash screen. It should show Advanced Boot Options and you'll be able to see Safe Mode options from it. If you can still load up to the logon screen here's a complete tutorial on what you can do.
- While on the logon screen you should see the shut down button.
- Hold down the shift key and select restart. (Do not let go of shift while selecting restart)
- It would restart on the Choose an option screen
- Select Troubleshoot then Advanced Options and lastly Startup settings
- Select Enable Safe Mode and click Restart on the bottom right.

Solution