Gateway ne56r52u laptop new hard drive issues

John_378

Commendable
Jun 11, 2016
[bHeres the problem, and believe me i have worded this so many ways that I am begging to wonder just who out there in Computer land To answer this the RIGHT way. This is a Gateway ne56r52u laptop. I had to put a new hard drive in it, thats the first part of nightmare. Next you have to go into the BIOS and change where it is going to boot from so the OS cant be installed. This is Windows 10, But it only comes ona USB drrive.I make the canges the hit the F10 and save and exit. Now then after all that, this monster still wants to boot from the old hard drive, that is no longer there. Rember that tis now has a BRAND NEW HARD DRIVE in there. Now I have wovded the search questionso many different ways, that I dont think tis Question will work. Now I am really hoping that someone outthere in computer land will actually have the right answer. Thak You,
John Hoover
If by some chance you do my Email address is
<removed by moderator>

Solution
It sounds like your usb drive is not being detected, or the copy of windows 10 that is loaded onto it was not loaded correctly or is in a non bootable state. Try to get a DVD disk of Windows 10, or another USB drive that has a known bootable copy of windows 10 on it. Or the best bet would to be install windows 7 on your laptop, and from there upgrade to windows 10 if you still feel it is necessary

way2aware

Honorable
Dec 26, 2013
It sounds like your usb drive is not being detected, or the copy of windows 10 that is loaded onto it was not loaded correctly or is in a non bootable state. Try to get a DVD disk of Windows 10, or another USB drive that has a known bootable copy of windows 10 on it. Or the best bet would to be install windows 7 on your laptop, and from there upgrade to windows 10 if you still feel it is necessary

Solution

John_378

Commendable
Jun 11, 2016
This goes out to way2awareI Know this a Q&A area but I just had to pass this along. This is to you way2aware that answer is the absolute best answer I have ever gotton so Thank You