Gateway W3501 freezing at wondows starting screen!!!

kylie7769

Estimable
May 8, 2015
hi, im having a issueon the windows starting window, nothing happens when i press alt f10. and when i press f2 or f8 during restart it takes me to phoneix setup utility where i see no restore options? ? Can anyone help me?? Thanks

Solution
Hello kylie7769

It seems there is some confusion. In the BIOS setup utility, you won’t find an option to restore your Windows. If you are redirected to the BIOS setup, this means that it is your F2 key that is taking you there.

About the Windows freezing part, you can try booting the OS in the Safe Mode that can be done by pressing the F8 key repeatedly right after the vendor’s logo appears on the screen but before the Windows logo appears.

If the Windows boots successfully in the Safe Mode, it seems there is some issue with the latest system update or any device driver that has been updated to an incompatible version. If this is the case, you must restore your Windows to an earlier restore point.

Assuming that you still in Windows...
Hello kylie7769

It seems there is some confusion. In the BIOS setup utility, you won’t find an option to restore your Windows. If you are redirected to the BIOS setup, this means that it is your F2 key that is taking you there.

About the Windows freezing part, you can try booting the OS in the Safe Mode that can be done by pressing the F8 key repeatedly right after the vendor’s logo appears on the screen but before the Windows logo appears.

If the Windows boots successfully in the Safe Mode, it seems there is some issue with the latest system update or any device driver that has been updated to an incompatible version. If this is the case, you must restore your Windows to an earlier restore point.

Assuming that you still in Windows Safe Mode, follow the step-by-step instructions given here to get the job done.

In case Windows fails to boot even in the Safe Mode, you can then start the computer with the operating system’s installation disc/bootable disc and use the System File Checker command from the command prompt.

You can follow the steps below to complete the process:

Step 01 – Boot your computer using a Windows bootable/installation disc.

Step 02 – Assuming that you have used the installation disc to start the PC, on the first screen, choose the appropriate language as per your region and click Next.

Step 03 – On the next screen that appears, click Repair your computer.

Step 04 – Wait till the System Recovery Options box searches for the installed operation systems.

Step 05 – After the search completes, leave everything as default and click the Next button.

Step 06 – On the next interface, click the Command Prompt option.

Step 07 – In the command line interface that opens up, type the SFC /SCANNOW command and press Enter.

Step 08 – Wait till the scanning and file rectification process completes successfully, and once it is done, try restarting your Windows.

The issue should be resolved by now.

Let me know if this works. Good Luck!!

Solution