Gauntlet Reboot Brings Online Play to Classic Fantasy Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

whiteodian

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2010
Super excited for this. I had lots of fun playing Gauntlet in the 90s. I might still have the gambecube version... :D Could this be what Diablo III should have been?

LORD_ORION

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2007
This is total fail. Light attack, heavy attack, jump? Seven Sorrows was an utter failure and this is where this is headed with this non-gauntlet game design.

knowom

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2006
I'm excited about this game Gauntlet was a classic arcade game especially the original which this is defiantly coming much closer and authentic to in nature and the grittiness blood and gore looks great as well and announcer voice overs should be excellent!I'll take this over D3 Expansion any day of the week. It might be a touch more simplistic in nature, but it all ready looks a lot more fun and entertaining in terms of core game play.

bloodroses75

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2009
This could be a really good game. They could even add multiplayer battle arenas like in the Sega Genesis version. Just keep the formula the same as what made it great in the first place, simple arcade style controls. At $20 or less, this could be a steal. More than that, I'll put it on the maybe pile.

d_kuhn

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2002
Gauntlet was a really fun game... first multiplayer hack/slash/loot game I played... way before diablo and with the masses of mobs it was in some ways more fun than diablo.

knowom

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2006
This could be a really good game. They could even add multiplayer battle arenas like in the Sega Genesis version. Just keep the formula the same as what made it great in the first place, simple arcade style controls. At $20 or less, this could be a steal. More than that, I'll put it on the maybe pile.
Yeah the Sega Genesis version for Gauntlet IV was a gem due to battle mode and also the power ups were nice as well that was the best version done to date to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.