Gay Couple Uses Skype to Legally Marry in Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Startingline13

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2008
[citation][nom]dogman_1234[/nom]Ummm.... uh...IDK. If I say anything, I will be marked down. Mark me down just because I'm Christian. This is completely wrong.[/citation]

Who cares what someone's religious values, or thoughts are on it - how about we talk about the tech behind it (hence it being a tech news site)

ecnovaec

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2008
[citation][nom]dogman_1234[/nom]Ummm.... uh...IDK. If I say anything, I will be marked down. Mark me down just because I'm Christian. This is completely wrong.[/citation]

i'm so sorry that you had to find out about this marriage. are you going to be ok? I don't see how you can possibly go on living knowing this happened. Hopefully one day they will ban this type of atrocity from happening!! I mean knowing that someone is married to someone else, but they have the same body parts... OMG THE APOCALYPSE IS HAPPENING!

exodite

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2010
I have a hard time determining which is worse; your bigotry against gay marriage or your implication that all christians are equally bigoted.

Regardless, wish granted.

dallaswits

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
Ill say this.

Give technology enough time, and it will free the planet from its self imposed ignorance towards those different from ourselves.

I live in Dallas (with my wife and child), and i say, "Congratulations!"

liquidchild

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010
Congrats gay dudes...TAKE THAT REDNECKS!!!! Unfortunately i still think its only a "legal marriage" in the state they were married in. My sister had to fly to New Hampshire when she tied the knot, and its only legal there.

ecnovaec

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2008
[citation][nom]dogman_1234[/nom]Itis moral like this that brings our country down.[/citation]

you're right... this country is heading into the toilet because we aren't enforcing YOUR beliefs on everybody... that makes sense. Who are you to tell others how to live their life? I'm not even gay but I'd gladly marry a man just to piss morons like you off

hoof_hearted

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
They should call it something besides 'marriage' (maybe homosexual union or something of that nature), after all marriage is a religious ceremony and defined as such. Next thing you know, they are going to remove the anti-gay parts from the Bible

CyberAngel

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2008
Can one really enforce their beliefs to someone else?
Would that even be legal?
Everyone has free speech, those who oppose or support or don't care or...take your pick

Anyway I was wondering if I could get married via Skype in USA/CA (she would be there)
while still living in Finland?

rpgplayer

Distinguished
May 27, 2010
[citation][nom]hoof_hearted[/nom]They should call it something besides 'marriage' (maybe homosexual union or something of that nature), after all marriage is a religious ceremony and defined as such. Next thing you know, they are going to remove the anti-gay parts from the Bible[/citation]
[citation][nom]hoof_hearted[/nom]They should call it something besides 'marriage' (maybe homosexual union or something of that nature), after all marriage is a religious ceremony and defined as such. Next thing you know, they are going to remove the anti-gay parts from the Bible[/citation]

easiest and more sensible step would be to remove the bible.

thejerk

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2009
It's pretty widely accepted by well... anyone other than Evangelical Literalists that Paul's letters to Rome, which are most often quoted when Christians argue homosexuality is a sin, were mostly against the Roman lifestyle at the time. It was full of hedonism and debauchery. It was a way to encourage Christians to lead a more virtuous lifestyle. Screwing everything with (and some things without) a heartbeat was just one of his (many) bullet points.

Status
Not open for further replies.