Gears of War 3 Trailer Released (Female Soldiers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMW1011

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2009
Anya finally kicking some ass on the front lines? Awesome.

There are too few female characters in action/shooter games today. There isn't one in MW2 or BCBF2 for instance, has anyone met the actual military? Let alone futuristic games.

norb8

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2008
Looks great. Gears of War is such a breath of fresh air to me since I love the apocalypse genre of games and movies.

tearlach2

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2010
[citation][nom]AMW1011[/nom]Anya finally kicking some ass on the front lines? Awesome.There are too few female characters in action/shooter games today. There isn't one in MW2 or BCBF2 for instance, has anyone met the actual military? Let alone futuristic games.[/citation]
I would respectfully submit that in terms of relation to reality even one female in a front line war fighting role is absurd. But my retarded feminized new age manliness says I should place females in alpha male roles. To me this honestly makes as much sense as transvestites.

babybeluga

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2010
I'm pretty biased against that game since they ruined the second one in my opinion, but that game still looks pretty terrible.

Are those petrified people made of sandstone?

bison88

Distinguished
May 24, 2009
It's sad that this will be the final installment :(. This game was the game that got me hooked on XBL many years ago in the first place. If only they didn't mess up GOW2's MP so horribly and strip most of what made GOW1 so fun to play I think people wouldn't have such a grudge with Gears.

G

Female soldiers and a double-barrel sawed-off shotgun??!!!

Sweet Mother of God! I need to change my pants now...

JD13

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2009
Two words: Dedicated Servers! Has anyone mentioned anything about the GoW movie that they mentioned a while back?

johnb4467

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2008
Wow...that is honestly one of the very best teaser trailers I have ever seen --
And I'm not just referring to games.
The ashes effect is very reminiscent of the scene in Interview with the Vampire (with Claudia) that gives me chills every time I see it...I wonder if there was any type of influence from that source?

yuplis

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2010
i doubt is going to beat the GoW 1 experience and specially with the project natal out, another game with lots of hype being one more meh at the end.
and 1 year of development doubt is going to be an epic game, awesome games take longer to develop to get more details on it, and if they are currently working on it, is sucks atm the trailer also sucked.

my 2 cents, the gears of wars 1 was the best, and on pc was awesome. ( with lot of bugs, but once it was sorted out was really cool)

lightsaber

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2009
Man.....this trailer gave me goosebumps!!! Gears of War for me never disappoints when it comes to drawing you in with it's kiss a$$ story, cannot wait!!

saint19

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2009
Very good with female soldiers, can add an interesting development of the game.

Which are the requirements for this game?, I'm waiting for the 890FX for buy a new mobo and RAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.