Sep 21, 2002
Hi,

I have a problem with my new PC.
Specs:
Intel P4 2.4Ghz
Aopen AX4B-533 motherboard
Abit Siluro Geforce 4 TI4200 128MB RAM

Here's the story:
I put my rig together, installed Windows XP Professional, updated it with SP 1 (reboot), installed my motherboard drivers (reboot) and the I installed the detonator 40.41 drivers. I rebooted my machine again and it stalled right after you have the Windows XP blue progress line.
So I started over again, did a clean install of XP, no additional drivers, no SP's, no nothing. I installed the 29.42 drivers which have passed WHQL. Same problem. By the way my GeForce is in perfect working condition; I put it in my old machine and it works fine. I'm getting pretty desperate here.

SvenDude

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2002
Update

Installed Windows 2000 Professional, installed SP3, installed detonator 29.42: IT WORKS ????????
Nice, but for obvious reasons I would like to have XP as OS.
This in any case shows that there’s no problem with the GeForce, nor with the Motherboard, nor with the drivers. It’s a combination of Graphics Card, Motherboard & WINXP.
I’m getting more puzzled by the minute…. Is there anybody who can help me on this.

SvenDude

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2002
Next Update
Okay. I'm convinced now.
The problem lies in the combination of the drivers for my Intel 845E Chipset and the detonator drivers. Separetely they work on my machine. If I install both of them the system hangs in XP boot. I also tried installing the previous version of the Intel Chipset drivers (4.00.1011): same problem. Note that I never try updating drivers. I always run my tests on a newly restored PowerQuest Image.

CALV

Distinguished
May 17, 2001
Nice, but for obvious reasons I would like to have XP as OS

I'd say, for obvious reasons, you'd want 2000 as an o/s:)

I recently installed the same drivers on an xp box (also SP1, no probs, this was a via board though so it may well be a chipset prob)

If they squeeze olives to get olive oil, how do they get baby oil?