GeForce GTX 980M Successor

Merovius

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2008
Quick and simple, anyone know what the successor to the 980 will be or when it is expected to release?

Any feedback is appreciated, thanks in advance.

The next general nVidia GPU will be based on the Pascal Architecture and it is not expected to be released until sometime in 2016.

http://www.kitguru.net/components/graphic-cards/anton-shilov/nvidia-we-are-excited-about-pascal-and-next-generation-process-technologies/

Merovius

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2008
Thanks Jaguar, link seems to be broken but plenty of other articles around about nVidias "Pascal" architecture.

Im in the market for a new laptop and was interested in the Asus GL551 or the Lenovo Y50 but Im just not that excited about either so I may wait for a refresh.

The link seems to work fine for me.

Try typing in "www." (without the quotes and don't forget the period) then paste in the following and it should bring you to the article.

kitguru.net/components/graphic-cards/anton-shilov/nvidia-we-are-excited-about-pascal-and-next-generation-process-technologies/

batmanpreet23

Estimable
Mar 14, 2015
It would be pascal and 10xxM series I guess. And would be a revolutionary beast that might force most companies to change their motherboard designs as well. It might take upto 6 months after pascal launch for a laptop to come out with pascal gpu and nvlink. I guess fall 2016 it is