Question General iPhone, Apple Watch, and iPad Questions

MasterYoda327

Prominent
Feb 2, 2021
I have been a long time Android user, I have used an iPhone an iPad in the time of the iPhone 5. My contract with my mobile phone carrier ends in early June of next year. I have in the last few years become more privacy conscious and I am considering the possibility of switching to Apple around the the time the next iPhone is released. However, I have some general questions related to the iPhone, Apple Watch, and iPad.

My questions are as followed:
  1. Overall, how does Apple compare to Google and Android when it comes to privacy?
  2. How long does Apple generally provide software updates and support for the operating systems on their iPhones, Apple Watches, and iPads?
  3. How often apart and usually on what dates are new iPhones, Apple Watches, and iPads released?
  4. I had to order a warranty replacement Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra smartphone through my mobile carrier due to a hardware problem with my existing smartphone. I did use the settings and data backup option offered by Google for backing up my existing smartphone to transfer my Android contents and settings to the replacement smartphone. Unfortunately, even though most of my apps transferred over, it looks like I am going to have to re-setup and re-login to at least some of the apps, re-apply some smartphone device settings, and do a factory reset of Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 smartwatch and Google Home speaker so that they work with the mentioned replacement smartphone. If I have an iPhone, Apple Watch, and/or iPad that I backup before a factory reset or replace with an identical or newer model device, would all of my apps, app settings, app logins, and device settings be automatically re-applied through any of the available Apple-certified backup and transfer processes? Also, can I have all of my apps, app settings, app logins, and, if applicable, device settings copied and transferred between the iPhone, Apple Watch, and iPad?
  5. I know that unlike Windows and Android, Apple has nowhere near the issues when it comes to malware and viruses, but regardless of which computer or mobile operating system that I use, I feel more comfortable having a running antivirus program on my devices, does Apple have anti-virus apps and programs available for their iPhones, Apple Watches, iPads, and Mac computers?
  6. Even though I currently have no plans to buy a Mac computer or Apple TV streaming device at this time, out of curiosity, would all of my apps, app settings, and, if applicable, device settings that are present on the iPhone, Apple Watch, and iPad be transferred to a Mac computer and/or Apple TV streaming device? Also, how long would Apple provide software updates and support for Mac computers and Apple TV streaming devices?
Thanks

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY