Question General Questions about Customizing App Settings

Feb 2, 2021
I have some general questions about customizing app settings. These cover apps like those on your Android/Apple smartphone and tablets (e.g. eBay, Shazam, Google Chrome, Hulu, and Netflix), Roku, Amazon Fire TV, and Chromecast streaming devices (e.g. YouTube TV, YouTube, Hulu, Disney+, Amazon Prime, Netflix, and HBO Max), and PC/Mac ( e.g. Google Chrome, Steam, GOG Galaxy, Nvidia GeForce Experience, and Windows 10). I have made changes to settings in both my accounts and apps of various services such as YouTube, Hulu, Steam, and Nvidia GeForce Experience. I am aware that I can access my accounts on various services on the Internet with a web browser such as Netflix, Amazon, Steam, and Microsoft and make changes and customizations to those settings. I am also aware that apps such as YouTube, Google Chrome, Netflix, Steam, GOG Galaxy, and Nvidia GeForce Experience have settings menus to customize the settings or functions of the apps on PC/Mac, Android/Apple smartphones and tablets, and Roku, Amazon, Chromecast, and Apple streaming devices. Windows 10 also has settings options for its operating system. My Questions are as followed:

1. Would the settings for my personal accounts that I customize on the Internet be separate from the settings of the apps on the PC, smartphone, tablet, and streaming devices?
  2. If I re-install the apps after resetting my PC, smartphone, tablet, or streaming device to factory settings, install those apps on a new device, or completely remove and re-install a particular app for reasons such as bugs in the app, will the app settings be at their factory settings?
  3. If the apps are at their factory settings after re-installation from a device reset, installation on a new device, or fresh app installation after its complete removal, and I log into my account for that particular app, will the app on the device itself remain at its factory settings or will the settings on the app automatically change after I login? Is this applicable if I have multiple accounts registered to or logged into a single app?
  4. If I log into my existing Microsoft account after a re-installation of Windows 10 on an existing computer or installation on a new computer, will Windows 10's operating system settings still be at their factory settings? Is this also applicable if I have multiple accounts logged into or registered on the operating system?
Thanks.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Apps General Discussion 1
M Apps General Discussion 0
R Apps General Discussion 0
M Apps General Discussion 1
S Apps General Discussion 1
T Apps General Discussion 10
T Apps General Discussion 2
H Apps General Discussion 1
B Apps General Discussion 2
L Apps General Discussion 1