GeoCities Archived, To Be Released via Torrent

Status
Not open for further replies.

plznote

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2010
This is amazing I'm gonna download it!
Hopefully my ISP doesn't mistake it fro something illegal.....
Before they thought a collection of my photos were illegal.....

crazitrain02

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2010
Only a TB of data from everything that GeoCities ever had?
Maybe I'll download it just to try and find my old sites that are on there :)

wribbs

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2010
While I applaud their effort, GeoCities had absolutely zero useful websites and deserves to RIP. Goodbye Hampster Dance and your ill conceived kind.

jj463rd

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2008
I remember some cool and useful websites on GeoCities.One of them was Lightspeeds Windows Reference Page which had tons of helpful links for Windows 3.X (and another for Windows 95 & 98).After it closed one could still get all the cool stuff off of Internet Archive with their Wayback Machine.
http://www.archive.org/

Parrdacc

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2008
[citation][nom]zak_mckraken[/nom]If anyone come across my old web page, just know this : I was yound and I did not know any better![/citation]

Yeah, I was ah, um, how you say? Young and stupid as well :)

r3t4rd

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009
[citation][nom]zak_mckraken[/nom]If anyone come across my old web page, just know this : I was yound and I did not know any better![/citation]
Dude, you look horrible in that dress. The blue mini skirt made you look skinnier though. But if ur gonna wear a skirt/dress don't wear underwear briefs....really.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
I had a geocities page back in 1996. All the warez you could download, man those were the days. I've fond memories of those animated gifs. Remember blinking and/or scrolling text? I haven't seen that in a while.

angelraiter

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2007
[citation][nom]wribbs[/nom]While I applaud their effort, GeoCities had absolutely zero useful websites and deserves to RIP. Goodbye Hampster Dance and your ill conceived kind.[/citation]
/Facepalm

Status
Not open for further replies.