George Lucas Seriously Considering Star Wars 3D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Efrayim

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
This sounds promising. Hope he release this in theaters and not just straight to dvd...that would be seriously lame.

G

the only good thing would be if he did a new trilogy where he did not direct and had help with the dialog. something similar to the way Empire was done.

deadlockedworld

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009
[citation][nom]Anachronite[/nom]the only good thing would be if he did a new trilogy where he did not direct and had help with the dialog. something similar to the way Empire was done.[/citation]

I actually agree with this. The post-star wars trilogy written by Timothy Zahn has an intense plotline that vastly exceeds any of Lucas' content in quality.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
Yeah, that's what we need, Jar-Jar Binks in 3D. I've never even seen Episode III, never felt the need after the cinematic abortion that was Phantom Menace. George Lucas can do whatever he wants, I won't be wasting my money watching it.

dedhorse

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2007
George, why must you continually screw up my love of Star Wars? Wasn't the prequels bad enough? Weren't you the one who said it's the story that matters, not the technology? Can't you just leave the originals well enough alone?

mickey21

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2008
Unless it is a new movie, leave the old ones alone. I am quite content to see episodes 4-6 without any more touching up or 3D nonsense... Now make me some new episodes and we are good to go...

Star Trek going further, see paragraph 1... Rinse, repeat...

CptTripps

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2006
[citation][nom]mickey21[/nom]Unless it is a new movie, leave the old ones alone....[/citation]

Exactly, I have attended all start wars movies during their initial release (getting old) and there is nothing that will make me watch "a new hope" in the theatre again unless it's like a holodeck and interactive. Leave em alone and work on something new.

G

Episode III eclipsed 1&2 by far, its up there with empire to me. If you haven't seen it your really missing out. Keep in mind Steven Spielberg helped with the movie (unofficially)

kingssman

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2006
Can lucas ever create something new rather than just re-hash his old star wars franchise? I figured since it took him 20 years to get around to create episodes 1-3, i figure it would be another 20 years before we see anything like 'shadows of the empire' or knights of the old republic 'the movie'

trinix

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2007
I would love to see 7-9, those movies would be great too. If it's in 3d or not, it doesn't really matter. Just a great new story. The starwars galaxy is big and there are more than enough good movies to be made.

zerghumper

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2010
Unfortunately unlike Avatar a 3D remake like this would be going backwards in quality and will probably look like that gimmicky pop out of the screen 3D effect rather than the depth-of-field Avatar had.

But hey it will be fun to have an excuse to go see one of the best movie trilogies of all time (again)!

Status
Not open for further replies.