George Lucas Shows Return of the Jedi Lost Scene

Status
Not open for further replies.

slob

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2009
Aaaaand... that "video is no longer available due to copyright claim..."

Methinks this was just a teaser made by Lucasarts to see what the lost scene was by getting it on blu ray. Thanks.

welshmousepk

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
removed already? jeez, i have to see this clip!

im sure as hell going to buy this. i'm the biggest star wars geek around here, i can't say no.

i wonder if the quality will be any good though. not exactly hi-res to start with. the new trilogy might look nice though. Not entirely sure i could bare to sit through attack of the clones again though...

wild9

Distinguished
May 20, 2007
[citation][nom]killerclick[/nom]How about instead of spending time watching the same movies all over again you spend some time with your girlfriends? Oh, right...[/citation]

Don't Death Star me, bro.

LePhuronn

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2007
[citation][nom]welshmousepk[/nom]i wonder if the quality will be any good though. not exactly hi-res to start with.[/citation]

35mm film has more than enough fidelity to be used as 4K footage, but in order to do this properly Lucas would need a fresh reprint of the original trilogy final cut and then telecine out to 1080p.

Will look glorious though, just look at the early Bond movies on Blu-Ray.

wotan31

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009
[citation][nom]moomooman[/nom]With all the remakes happening these days, how about remaking episodes 1-3?[/citation]
He just finished making episodes 1-3. Why would he REmake them so soon? Well, they did suck, so perhaps you have a point there.

C00lIT

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2009
Yes Re-re-re-release it on Blue-Ray... and he waited....

So then we can all buy it in "3D" Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

mikeadelic

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2010
[citation][nom]killerclick[/nom]How about instead of spending time watching the same movies all over again you spend some time with your girlfriends? Oh, right...[/citation]
Look who's talking. You troll Tom's so much that there's NO way you can be the high and mighty Don Juan you purport to be.

/owned

TwoDigital

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2008
[citation][nom]c00lit[/nom]So then we can all buy it in "3D" Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuu[/citation]While you probably meant this in jest, it wasn't but a few months ago here on Tom's there was an article saying that Lucas was tinkering with the idea of converting the Starwars movies into the 3D format.

jubber

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
I can't wait for the prequels in high def - those films are astonishing technical achievements. Especially the bits where Hayden Christiansen is on-screen - can't believe he's actually CGI. Which is your favourite? Episode I:pod Race the Movie, Episode II: Send In The Clowns or Episode III: You're Sithing Me Mr. Lucas

moomooman

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2009
I wonder if Lucas had anyone in a position to tell him his prequel scripts were woeful? too many yes men maybe.

4-6 should be great on bluray, upscaled DVD even looks pretty great, but pity they are not the original versions, warts and all.

omnimodis78

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2008
I'm surprised he's not releasing the original theatrical versions first, then a few years later (after everybody buys the originals), release the edited trilogy. Seems to be the trend. You know, after all the "licenses" we keep buying to watch the same movie, perhaps this is the only single trilogy that you've already paid for to simply torrent. Think about it...

sboults

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2010
[citation][nom]wotan31[/nom]He just finished making episodes 1-3. Why would he REmake them so soon? Well, they did suck, so perhaps you have a point there.[/citation]

WOW! Your so smart knowing the order of the episodes!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.