George Lucas to Donate Majority of Disney Billions to Education

Status
Not open for further replies.

timw03878

Honorable
Jul 23, 2012
Throwing money down a rat hole.

Been spending billions and billions of dollars on education and we are still in the toilet as far as anything government spends money on.

G

Why is it so hard to get rid of STUFF?

Dispersing his wealth is a good route to take.
The Collective can use it to do good.
It is easy to buy stuff as you sit in front of a computer and
it is delivered to your door.
It is much harder to get rid of as it
piles up in your basement.
Buying stuff we will never use or need
Is a waste of resources, time and money.
Storage lockers and Houses full of rubbish,
Old cloths and junky plastic trinkets litter the earth.
GREED and or possessions can never fulfill your needs.
That is why you keep buying more.
Only Spirituality can do that.
Come out of your little selfish shell and connect with real power and fulfillment.
Connect to the source.
There's more to life than buying crap.
If you identify with your possessions?
Your possessions own u and
U
R
Possessed.

mayne92

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
"A company spokesperson told The Hollywood Reporter (THR) that Lucas will be suing the "majority of the sale price" for educational philanthropy."
I read "suing", stopped, reread title, read a little bit further in the article and realized just another typo. Threw me off for second - not enough caffeine yet I suppose.

boju

Distinguished
George: I will give you partial rights to Starwares Mr Disney.

Mr Disney: Sweet >:D

George: but if you screw it up i will deathstar your house!

Mr lucas will have some say as along as he lives.

alchemy69

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2008
This way there will be a whole new generation capable of writing a decent script, something that he himself was never able to do.

G

seriously, all those WASP billionaires should stop giving away their money and let the egoistic jew run the world
american educationial system doesn't even need money anyway

knott00

Honorable
Oct 31, 2012
[citation][nom]klitschko[/nom]seriously, all those WASP billionaires should stop giving away their money and let the egoistic jew run the worldamerican educationial system doesn't even need money anyway[/citation]
I'm sorry, but this is just a horrible miss representation of the american educational system. It's horribly under funded. The student/teacher ratios are horribly messed up to the point where kids don't get much(if any) one on one time with teachers. In cities, classrooms are packed to capacity and supplies are limited.

The few schools that have enough money to give all their students laptops are not indicitive of the state of the entire system.

While I don't agree with the way our educational system works, it definitely needs more funding.

knott00

Honorable
Oct 31, 2012
The few schools that have enough money to give all their students laptops are not indicitive of the state of the entire system.

*indicative* See, I can't even spell properly. I need to go back to school myself... lol

deksman

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2011
Underfunded?
Lol... the entire educational system needs an overhaul.
Throwing more money into the existing system won't solve anything.
If I was in his positions, I'd urge for an overhaul of the educational system that eliminated competition, grades and industrial type education - replacing it with FULL cooperation, interactive classes (gamification style - Khan Academy comes to mind), exposure to relevant general education (all subject relating to man), prompting critical thinking in students of ALL ages, encouraging everyone to be problem solvers, etc.

Second graders can easily be taught complex mathematics and sciences.
The reason we don't do this today is due to the moronic notion of 'the child is too young to understand'.
They are human. Ergo, in order to understand something/anything, they require exposure to relevant education (it won't pop into their skulls from nowhere after all).

devBunny

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2012
[citation][nom]TheCapulet[/nom]Seriously, who's job is it to proof read this barely edited crap? We need a name, so we can call them out personally.[/citation]

Whose job, indeed. ;-)

If your going to pick up on typo's, at least get you're own granma rite.

Status
Not open for further replies.