Georgian Blogger Asks Russian For Probe

Status
Not open for further replies.

rigaudio

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2009
He sure put them Russians on the spot now. If they don't, they're frowned upon. If they do, they'd probably have to lie.

Wait, lying's easy. Never mind.

nachowarrior

Distinguished
May 28, 2007
I think it was a while back that russia was attacking gregoria. If my memory serves correct, they started by taking out government and bank web sites in gregoria, leaving the place in somewhat of a panic state, and invading them physically as well. I'm not sure i'm correct but I think it gained press more for the electronic attack than the invasion.

archange

Distinguished
May 7, 2007
LoL I'm confused:

According to the BBC, Cyxymu, whose real name is Georgy, sent an open letter to Dmitry Medvedev asking him to find the people responsible for the attacks and punish them. "Your special services are able to trace the persons involved in this case and organisers of this attack," wrote Geogry.

Erm... what was the "real" name again? Georgy or Geogry?
Not that it maters much, cause it seems like another alias to me. :)

G

By saying "the most humane court in the world" he certainly did not mean to "stay on Medvedev's good side" :) By this phrase he is referring to the famous fictional Russian character Ostap Bender from the book (and the movie) "12 Chairs", where, by using satirical means, the absurdity and stupidity of Russian political system is shown...

starhoof

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2008
[citation][nom]rigaudio[/nom]He sure put them Russians on the spot now. If they don't, they're frowned upon. If they do, they'd probably have to lie.Wait, lying's easy. Never mind.[/citation]

I dont want to start an orgument, but I bet you are only exposed to one side of the press, you are really got to see both sides to undrestand what was going on, I speak Russian, and when this crap happened I was reading both sides trying to sum up and make my own decisions, please do understand, that there is propoganda and censorship on both sides, eastern and western, its not just Russia's fault

starhoof

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2008
[citation][nom]nachowarrior[/nom]I think it was a while back that russia was attacking gregoria. If my memory serves correct, they started by taking out government and bank web sites in gregoria, leaving the place in somewhat of a panic state, and invading them physically as well. I'm not sure i'm correct but I think it gained press more for the electronic attack than the invasion.[/citation]

And you know whats funny ? Its not the government trying to hack georgian websites... Just hackers who try their skills at work and just because of pure hate to the enemy. Would you try to do everything possible to help your side ? I cant tell since its fully up to you.

kartu

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
[citation][nom]starhoof[/nom]And you know whats funny ? Its not the government trying to hack georgian websites... Just hackers who try their skills at work and just because of pure hate to the enemy. Would you try to do everything possible to help your side ? I cant tell since its fully up to you.[/citation]

You don't know, if it was government, or not. So SU please. You are talking about country that now has official:

"О Комиссии при Президенте Российской Федерации по противодействию попыткам фальсификации истории в ущерб интересам России"
"Commission to counter the attempts of falsification of history to the detriment of Russia"

Hilarious.

kartu

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
[citation][nom]michaelahess[/nom]Most humane court? That's hilarious! I guess he has to try and stay on Medvedev's good side huh?[/citation]
He was, of course, sarcastic. It's a quote for a very popular comedy.

kartu

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
[citation][nom]starhoof[/nom]I dont want to start an orgument, but I bet you are only exposed to one side of the press, you are really got to see both sides to undrestand what was going on, I speak Russian, and when this crap happened I was reading both sides trying to sum up and make my own decisions, please do understand, that there is propoganda and censorship on both sides, eastern and western, its not just Russia's fault[/citation]

There is nothing even remotely as terrible as Russian propaganda. One year after the conflict, after Russia's own prosecution office came with "162 peacefull ossetians were killed" (more than 200 were killed from georgian side) Russia's Federal channels continue to repeat lies about "2000 dead civilians" and "entire villages wiped out". Well, there actually are completelly destroyed villages, nearly all georgian anclaves were burned down then leveled with buldozers.

Oh, and here comes "photo I made in Iraq", incidentally made in village Nikozi by Arkady Babchenko:
http://starshinazapasa.livejournal.com/12018.html

Kryan

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2008
[citation][nom]caskachan[/nom]Dmitry Medvedev Response:"lol wut, im busy running ma country , we dont care, gtfo"[/citation]
many lols to this.

Pei-chen

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007
LOL, I still maintain there are more stories behind this than available on western press. Georgians aren’t stupid and nice just look at Stalin. BBC and AP are just printing what they want to print because they are on the anti-Russia side of the propaganda war. A story about Al Qaeda vs. Russia might be more neutral.

kartu

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
[citation][nom]Pei-chen[/nom]BBC and AP are just printing what they want to print because they are on the anti-Russia side of the propaganda war. A story about Al Qaeda vs. Russia might be more neutral.[/citation]

Yep. In reality, it was actually other way round: user Cyxymu DoS attacked entire Russian internet.

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
I'm sure the russian goverment will soon discover this attack was a simple accident, caused by a weather balloon accidently colliding with a missing nuclear submarine

Pei-chen

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007
[citation][nom]kartu[/nom]Yep. In reality, it was actually other way round: user Cyxymu DoS attacked entire Russian internet.[/citation]
Believe what you want. I have long give up on the idea of unbiased media.

BTW, 5 of your 37 total posts since March are on this comment section. You must agree strongly with this statement: "The only good Russian is a dead Russian".

yekoor

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2009
I see there are stil people who believe that Georgians have any truth to tell. Wake up, your TV channels are feeding you BS. Georgia is a US ally and Russia is a potential enemy, after all. It is dangerous for all of us, if some crazy nationalists can do anything he wants without fear of being punished, because the western media covers his crime.

After gaining independance, Georgia decided to take control over its break-away regions. Georgia attacked South Ossetia in 1991, attacked Abkhasia in 1992-1993, took control over Adjara - another breakaway region - in 2004, attacked South Ossetia again in 2008.

When Georgian Grad launchers were bombing South Ossetia on the night of August 07, 2008 do you remember if your news channels were airing anything about the war? They were not. After a few days, when Russia deciced to interfer, to defend its internationally accepted peace troops stationed in S.O. and to protect the civilians with Russian citizenship, the western channels woke up and started accusing Russia of all the deadly sins. Well done. As usual western large scale propaganda succeeded to manipulate your minds and it might take years or decades until you all find out the painful truth.

Don't mind "Georgy", in his "democratic" country all Russian channels were shut off long ago, the only source of information are Georgians TV channels and western media, which cite Saakashvilly. The most plausible source of attacks on his blogs are Abkhazian hackers, What THG's article doesn't tell you is that Georgy is a Georgian who used to live in Abkhazia and had to leave it after the war.

Even though it's difficult for you, but take a look at some footage that doesn't come from Georgia or western media for a change: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szUPl0H082E

Status
Not open for further replies.