Gesture Cube: 5 Sides Of 3D Gesturing Awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

While the technology for gesture interface is interseting. That cube is stupidly retarded. Why have 5 displays when you can only see 1, and kinda see 1 other. Just dumb.

krazynutz

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2003
[citation][nom]sdkfhj2kljfs[/nom]While the technology for gesture interface is interseting. That cube is stupidly retarded. Why have 5 displays when you can only see 1, and kinda see 1 other. Just dumb.[/citation]
Actually, since it's a cube, you can always see up to three sides.

mjello

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2009
Vaporware that'll never happen. Why would you want a cube... I want a paper sized gadget with such functionality.
It may be a little thicker than a piece of paper in reality but its allready out there. Its called a tablet. Just without the gesture ability. And that could be added as easily to a tablet as to a big chunky cube.

warlord1312

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2009
[citation][nom]sdkfhj2kljfs[/nom]While the technology for gesture interface is interseting. That cube is stupidly retarded. Why have 5 displays when you can only see 1, and kinda see 1 other. Just dumb.[/citation]
Did you ever consider having multiple applications open at the same time with each occupying a different side. For example weather, stocks, bus/train arrival times, youtube/pandora, and whatever else you want.

G

I agree that this is rather lame. I'd much rather have just one side of the cube with everything on it in a 2D form factor. Something the size of a piece of notebook paper would be ideal.

snurp85

Distinguished
May 6, 2009
This is just touch pad technology to the extreme. There really is no advantage to this over a flat panel screen with touch capabilities.

The only real function I see for this is as an informational kiosk sort of thing. Where each face displays useful information. However this would only work if each face could independently be full featured.

Status
Not open for further replies.