Get an iPhone 3GS for FREE This Friday Only

Status
Not open for further replies.

tacoslave

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2009
[citation][nom]Soldier37[/nom]Dont want a phone thats 18 months old tech free or not, no thanks I upgrade every year regardless of cost. If you cant afford that get a job or 2.[/citation]

I know its rhetorical but why would we get 2 jobs to buy a phone every year if we dont need it ?

tim sutton

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2010
Sorry, a minimum of $60 a month for TWO YEARS in exchange for an 18 month old handset, soon to be two generations obsolete? Oh, and $36 in activation fees. (What? In the US you have to pay the phone company to start giving them money?)

Yeah, OK. I'd like to see you try that in England. $1200 for an old phone and less than 5GB of data allowance. Wow.

chick0n

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2010
[citation][nom]Soldier37[/nom]Dont want a phone thats 18 months old tech free or not, no thanks I upgrade every year regardless of cost. If you cant afford that get a job or 2.[/citation]

You're very sad.

dark_lord69

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2006
Paying for limited data plans is total BS.
My wife pays $20 for her unlimited data plan and it's 4G.
This is one of the reasons we will NOT be leaving T-Mobile anytime soon.
Seriously we had the opportunity to change carriers but everyone else just charges more. As far as I'm concerned the point of changing carriers is to get a better deal. NOT a fancy phone. Don't get me wrong I have a nice Blackberry that I like very much but for a phone so these idiots need to lower thier asking prices if they want customers like me and my wife.

dark_lord69

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2006
I have 2 jobs and I make 76K but I still wouldn't waist money on a new phone every year. I'd rather spend it on something else like puting that money into my investment account to make more money instead of being throwen away every year.

G

When I originally signed up for the 3GS, I called the customer service number after I received the first bill. I played ignorant asking what these two $35 fees were (activation fees). They apologized and removed the fees. Sometimes you just have to ask :3

THE_Ted

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
I just got home from Best Buy with my free iPhone. I love the 'lol 2 generation old' comments. Every 'advancement' from the 3GS is either purely cosmetic (screen, camera flashys) or still unimplemented speed improvements (802.11n, 4G). The only substantial difference is the processing power, and seeing as my current phone was a free LG that can barely run a calculator and alarm, I'm still set up to be impressed. Where I'm at now, Virgin Mobile has been fine, but I've looked into where I'm moving to and Virgin Mobile has little service there, but AT&T does just fine (Seattle).

I signed for the two year contract, and the activation fee is going to be billed with the first month, so contrary to the article I didn't have to give any money or credit card information at all. I literally walked in and out in thirty minutes and made a phone call with it in the parking lot.

For anyone thinking about getting a new cell phone with a new 2 year contract (which is universal among all carriers if you want to get a free phone of any kind that isn't junk), this is certainly a deal.

G

Santa says "hey it's sale" we want more SALE !! Cha-Ching I'm so happy I'll call you!! Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.