get an old dvd player with only rca plugs to work with a new hd tv?

amcox1018

Honorable
Dec 7, 2013
I have an old Toshiba dvd player that only has the red, yellow and white plugs on the back. I tried to plug it in to a new hd Toshiba tv using the new cables that have the green and blue plugs also into the back of the tv in the correct spots and switched it from color stream to video in the menu like I read was suggested by a Toshiba employee on the Toshiba website. While it fixed my problem of my picture going from black and white only to color I still have no sound. I really don't want to buy a new dvd player if I don't have to, this one still works great and we don't use it a ton. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

te100

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2004
yellow is video and red and white is audio. Some tvs will not have a yellow but will have green blue red. Sometimes one of those will be used as yellow you will have to look at manual to find out which one it is. ie the green will be used as green component or yellow rca like my LG tv. hook the red and white audio to the audio for what input you are using. should be beside them