Get Ready for an Android Market Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkk

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2003
" Widgets and Live Wallpapers, but has decided to axe the 24-hour return policy. Now, users will have just 15 minutes to get a refund for apps they decide they don't like."

15 minutes to decide? What kind of crap is that? 30 mins would have been better in case you have to register the game for it to work.

Darkk

tntom

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2001
I guess this is an improvement in some ways. Guess I'll find out since I just got my Galaxy S Vibrant on Friday, rooted it Sunday and loaded Froyo 2.2. been using the market alot these past 4 days.

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
green eggs and spam, bah humbug!
The size limit of 50megs is still really small. Hopefully they will increase this again when the psp phone is released, or maybe it will have a special market with different criteria?

brother shrike

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2009
[citation][nom]dalethepcman[/nom]green eggs and spam, bah humbug!The size limit of 50megs is still really small. Hopefully they will increase this again when the psp phone is released, or maybe it will have a special market with different criteria?[/citation]
Apps that need more than 50 megs download a base app, and then download more to the SD card when you first run the app.

blevsta

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2009
I don't see an option to sort by number of downloads or overall rating. I think that would be incredibly useful.

rubix_1011

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2007
Need a PC web page/application to make browsing/buying easier than just doing it from your phone. Love Android apps, but they need a better way to get through everything than just via your phone.

annymmo

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2009
"but has decided to axe the 24-hour return policy. Now, users will have just 15 minutes to get a refund for apps they decide they don't like. Gamers will be pleased to learn that the maximum for .apk files on Market has been upped to 50MB to better support richer games."

Google should really make it possible for the developer to set that time.
Some applications need a day to be tested (alarm clocks) while thirty minutes is more than enough for others.
Good to see they uppet the limit of .apk files. What was the previous limit? Could somebody answer that please.

G

My LG Ally (Still on 2.1- update1) updated to this new version last night. I HATE IT! I have lost the function of updating all of my apps at once, and my fingers seem to hit things that I dont want to view. Not Happy!

G

I just bought a brand new captivate. Every time the market updates itself it stops downloading everything entirely. I've literally tried everything I can find everywhere to fix this including many many resets, clearing of cache's, etc. Is there any way to stop the market from updating?

G

I've got two Samsung I5503T's, my one which is older, has the android market interface like shown above. The one that I have bought for my wife today about 3-4months later has a different interface again, much nicer and easier to click on I think... how do you upgrade the android market interface?

Status
Not open for further replies.