Get Your Own Turbine-powered Batmobile for $620,000

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

" equipped with a monstrous Boeing turboshaft 385 horse-power engine pulled out of a naval drone helicopter"
hows the gas mileage on said batmobile? I guess Bruce Wayne is worried about his carbon footprint

officeguy

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2009
I bet the heads will turn if I was driving this baby in my home town. Oh yeah, I will be wearing the Batman costume as well, lol.

Archean

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2011
Well at least it has much better name than the latest McLaren MP4-12C ............ although it will easily outperform the batmobile.

memadmax

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
Jet engines will run on practically anything that burns.
Just like diesel engines...

And no, don't expect 30 mpg with this thing, think more like 2-5 mpg =O

But hey, if ur poppin 620k for this thing, fuel price is far far far far far far from ur mind.....

steelbox

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2009
[citation][nom]memadmax[/nom]Jet engines will run on practically anything that burns. Just like diesel engines...And no, don't expect 30 mpg with this thing, think more like 2-5 mpg =OBut hey, if ur poppin 620k for this thing, fuel price is far far far far far far from ur mind.....[/citation]

The problem is, you don't want to run out of gas while chasing bad guys, now do you?.

cphorn15

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2010
[citation][nom]leo2kp[/nom]What's the point of the iPad? Does it run the avionics, or do they think it's "cool"?[/citation]

Same point as any car having an LCD on the dash: entertainment and navigation. Plus, the article CLEARLY states it's used in conjunction with the bat tracers. Duh.

of the way

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2010
[citation][nom]alidan[/nom]id also wear a mussel suit, and talk in the dark night voice for the lols.[/citation]

Dude, you would look hilarious driving that thing in a mussel suit.

figgus

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2010
[citation][nom]of the way[/nom]Dude, you would look hilarious driving that thing in a mussel suit.[/citation]

Even more hilarious than he looked trying to spell "muscle"?

Status
Not open for further replies.