Getting rid of unwanted pop ups.

BrotherofCats

Honorable
Apr 1, 2013
Unfortunately, a couple of weeks ago I was looking up something online, and I clicked the button to allow them to post notifications. Now I keep getting dozens of posts in popups each day in a foreign language. I click on the settings and go to the block notifications page, but they aren't there, and adding the web address does nothing. I want this nuisance gone. What can I do to get rid of it? And no, I don't remember the name of the site I signed up on.

BrotherofCats

Honorable
Apr 1, 2013
I'm using Chrome. I checked on Malwarebytes, which I was supposed to have, and it wasn't on my computer. I downloaded it again, and it got rid of the popups. Only problem was, Skyrim kept crashing with the computer freezing and a brrr sound. I disabled all the functions of Malwarebytes and I could run the game, but an hour into playing the problem came back. Now, when doing something else on the computer it happened again. In fact, when I was on here posting this it happened again. Should I just get rid of Malwarebytes, or could it be something else. Windows 10, i07 8 core, 128 GB ram, twin GTX 1080 graphics cards.