Solved! Getting SD card unavailable error from my Vivo Y53 although it is readable on my computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 30, 2018
Of course, I've tried yanking it out and putting it back in a lot of times but I wasn't able to fix it. Also wiped cache partition but still did nothing. As the title suggests, my computer can read it but it isn't able to format it and there's no option on my phone to do so as well.

Noteworthy to add here is the fact that my SD card became unreadable while a file download which I've tried to finish for many times but kept failing was ongoing on Puffin Browser. I've since uninstalled the browser and the download via the computer but it still won't read. Much help needed.

Reactions: Hydra119
Solution
It is possible that the card was altered by the download causing the phone to not be able to read the data. It is also possible that there is something still on the phone itself that is causing the issue.

Try starting up the phone in "Safe Mode" and see if it will recognize the card. If it does, then you need to find and remove whatever is on the phone that is the problem. Bad app, file, virus, malware, etc.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the phone.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you...
It is possible that the card was altered by the download causing the phone to not be able to read the data. It is also possible that there is something still on the phone itself that is causing the issue.

Try starting up the phone in "Safe Mode" and see if it will recognize the card. If it does, then you need to find and remove whatever is on the phone that is the problem. Bad app, file, virus, malware, etc.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the phone.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: OFF" rather than on.

Reactions: Hydra119
Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.