getting sound to play through my alienware laptop using hdmi cable from xbox one?

nathan_80

Estimable
Jan 21, 2016
I used to connect an hdmi cable from my xbox 360 to this laptop and would be able to have audio just fine but with the xbox one it crackles or there is no sound at all when i try to play a game. i have a logitech G430 headset and it uses a usb connection with two 3.5mm ports for input and output. please help!

Solution
Make sure in the settings for the Xbox One that the audio output device is set to HDMI and not something like Optical SPDIF. If that doesn't work, I would try contacting Microsoft or Alienware support for help. If I am understanding you correctly, you are attempting to use your Alienware notebook in place of a television, correct?

GPUEnthusiast

Estimable
May 28, 2014
Make sure in the settings for the Xbox One that the audio output device is set to HDMI and not something like Optical SPDIF. If that doesn't work, I would try contacting Microsoft or Alienware support for help. If I am understanding you correctly, you are attempting to use your Alienware notebook in place of a television, correct?

Solution

nathan_80

Estimable
Jan 21, 2016
yes you are correct and i changed it to hdmi already, i figured out the only way to get audio is when i unplug my headset from the usb port and use the speakers instead, just wish i could use the headset as i like to use skype on my pc while on xbox. thank you for the reply i appreciate any help