Getting speakers and headset to play sound together

Jason Bowers

Estimable
Apr 4, 2014
So I just picked up the Turtle Beach DPX21's and have a set of speakers for my PC, I have been trying to get them both to play sound together. I downloaded Realtek HS Audio Manager but it is not picking up my headset, the computer has my headset recognized as speakers. It's show the following devices on Realtek, HD Audio 2nd Output, Speakers, Digital Output (Optical), Digital Out. I tried to default these and I am getting no sound from my headset, I was able to get sound before with my headset when I didn't have the manager downloaded. Any suggestion on why it's not recognizing my headset on there?

Also, I am trying to setup my headset with surround so that's another reason why I want this manager to work. Thanks

Solution
If the headphones are only connected via a 3.5 jack, then it will show up a speakers. It would be different if it was USB.

If you surround sound for gaming or something, go into in-game audio settings and set it to something like "Headphones".

Remember, anything pair of headphones can simulate surround sound

justcallmetom13

Estimable
Mar 17, 2014
If the headphones are only connected via a 3.5 jack, then it will show up a speakers. It would be different if it was USB.

If you surround sound for gaming or something, go into in-game audio settings and set it to something like "Headphones".

Solution

justcallmetom13

Estimable
Mar 17, 2014