Getting the Most Out of USB 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyree

Distinguished
I am not even going to bring up the US resident bit. Oh wait, I just did! It would be nice for THW to have a contest in another country other than USA once in a while.

For that bit on usb flash drive:

"coworker or classmate PC (or Mac) will be fast and painless."

I thought Mac went the thunderbolt route so transfer speed is on usb 2.0 and it will be slow and painful. You can use a adapter but I am not sure if they are out yet and they will be chunky and destroy the sleek image of Mac.

dconnors

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2009
[citation][nom]Pyree[/nom]For that bit on usb flash drive:"coworker or classmate PC (or Mac) will be fast and painless."I thought Mac went the thunderbolt route so transfer speed is on usb 2.0 and it will be slow and painful. You can use a adapter but I am not sure if they are out yet and they will be chunky and destroy the sleek image of Mac.[/citation]

For Macs, it's "compatible" because you can format any of these drives as HFS+, and 3.0 devices work with 2.0 ports. To get the most out of a 3.0 drive, you need to PC for now.

-Devin Connors, Tom's Guide

madjimms

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2011
[citation][nom]Pyree[/nom]I am not even going to bring up the US resident bit. Oh wait, I just did! It would be nice for THW to have a contest in another country other than USA once in a while.For that bit on usb flash drive:"coworker or classmate PC (or Mac) will be fast and painless."I thought Mac went the thunderbolt route so transfer speed is on usb 2.0 and it will be slow and painful. You can use a adapter but I am not sure if they are out yet and they will be chunky and destroy the sleek image of Mac.[/citation]
Mac has a sleek image?

Status
Not open for further replies.