Ghosts in the Dell Laptop

mso429

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2011
Hello,
I have a Dell Studio 1735 Laptop. It is Constantly Making Noises all on it's own and sometimes it gets maddening. With the fingerprint recognition software. It begins to act as though a ghost is sitting next to me swiping his/her finger across the reader continuously....Each pop in the tone of a failed swipe attempt also shows a red flash on the fingerprint icon at the tray on the bottom. ALSO, Every so often it acts as if that same ghost is plugging in a usb drive and removing it as those tones also play over and over??? What is the Issue with this Laptop??? Is it Really Haunted? Being hacked? or just poorly made????? Thanks in Advance for any help...I am running windows vista and internet explorer 9. Everything is up to date.

beenthere

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2011
I heard that Michael Dell suddenly disappeared a couple months ago. Have you checked to see if he might have gotten trapped inside your laptop? Was there any signs of Krispy Kreme donuts around the sides of the laptop case?

danraies

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2011
It's the government....they're watching.

Try a reformat. I know reformat is a scary word, but those kinds of issues can be a nightmare and a reformat will tell you immediately if you're dealing with hardware or software. If you reformat and it still happens, it's hardware. If you reformat and it goes away, then it was software and you've got nothing to worry about.

megamanx00

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2008
+1, though I'm gonna say it's probably a hardware issue. That or a ghost :p. Really though the finger print reader is probably faulty and it's coming in and out would explain Windows thinking it was connected then disconnected. Could be loose wiring or something

danraies

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2011

That would be my guess also, but a virus or faulty driver can have the same affect.

Maybe try disabling the fingerprint reader and see if it goes away.