Gigabyte P25 keyboard issue.

lossehelin

Estimable
Jan 7, 2016
I am having a very annoying keyboard issue with my laptop. This came sudden.
First i thought it would be a virus but i did all kind of scans and nothing came up. Did scan with avira, kaspersky, malwarebytes, rootkit scans and nothing came.
I upgraded to win 10 hoping for a fix but off course it didn't fix anything.
I logged in to my Bios to see if the problem would happen there and it did.

So what is my problem with the keyboard?

My keyboard will work fine for a short period and then it acts like the Backspace key is consntatly pressed. I will be typing something and then all of the sudden everything starts to be erased a letter at a time in sequence, just like if iwas pressing the backspace.
Also, if i am using the explorer, the window will keep flashing and going back, if a press the numlk key it will stop, but sometimes it will start again later.

Also i noticed that most of the keyboard works fine but there are some problematic keys, backspace if pressed won't work, if i press the P key, it will start erasing all letters previously like if the backspace was being pressed.

Some numbers on my keypad are problematic also as are the ( and the ).
Right now, i am typing this and no issues were found, but it will come back eventually.

I did a ram memory test which showed no problems, i still haven't managed to do a disk scan for bad sectors because when it boots to do the thorough scan it just hangs.
Do you think it may be a bad sector causing all this trouble???

Any thoughts?

thank you.

Solution
I would try opening Device Manager and go to the Keyboards section. Uninstall the drivers for the keyboard and restart your laptop. When your reboots it should try to install the latest drivers for the keyboard. If the problem persist it may be a hardware issue. Try using an external keyboard to see if it gives you the same problems. If it does not then you may have to consider replacing your laptops keyboard.

edit: looks like laptop_nerd answered as I was writing my answer :p
Hi,

Here are some test you can run to identify if it's a keyboard or software problem.
- Start by connecting an external USB keyboard and see if the same problem will persist when you use it.
- If not that means it's the problem with the built in keyboard itself.
- If the same problem will persist using the external keyboard that means it's software problem.
- Try to uninstall the keyboard driver from Device Manager then reboot your PC.
- After the reboot do test it again and see if the same problem persist.
- If it does one solution would be to do a clean install of Windows.

viettai

Estimable
Dec 13, 2015
I would try opening Device Manager and go to the Keyboards section. Uninstall the drivers for the keyboard and restart your laptop. When your reboots it should try to install the latest drivers for the keyboard. If the problem persist it may be a hardware issue. Try using an external keyboard to see if it gives you the same problems. If it does not then you may have to consider replacing your laptops keyboard.

edit: looks like laptop_nerd answered as I was writing my answer :p

Solution