Question Gigabyte P57 V7 GPU Problem

Jul 25, 2019
My Gigabyte P57 V7 stopped using my Nvidia GTX 1070. I have removed the drivers for both the intel gpu and the 1070 gpu and reinstalled the gigabyte recommended drivers. This did not fix it. I also tried using windows update to get the most up to date intel driver and i went straight to Nvidia to get the most up to date driver and this also didnt work. I should Also mention I have set the Nvidia settings to use the 1070 exclusively in the global settings. When I go to adjust the resolution on my screen from the intel settings I can only go as high as 1080P even though the screen is good for 2k resolutions. The monitor driver says it is a generic pnp monitor but I can not find a driver for the monitor from gigabyte. After trying everything i did a full wipe of the windows drive and reinstalled windows with a usb boot key. While offline i installed the factory drivers from the gigabyte disc that came with the laptop and it still dont use the 1070 or allow me to go higher than 1080P. I should also note, i can hook up a PC monitor to the HDMI and it will allow me to use the 1070 and set the resolution to 2k on my ROG monitor.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Laptop Tech Support 2
Swartzy Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 1
L Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 1
N Laptop Tech Support 2
I Laptop Tech Support 1
G Laptop Tech Support 1
G Laptop Tech Support 3
A Laptop Tech Support 2
Q Laptop Tech Support 3