Gigabyte T1005-CF4

zjohnasz

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2011
Hi, these days I've been shopping for a Netbook and the one that I've got a crush on is the T1005P.

Here is a link:
http://www.excaliberpc.com/607088/gigabyte-t1005p-cf4-10.1-320gb-premium.html#TabSpecification

First, I'd like to know what you think of that Netbook, and if any of you has it and give me his thoughts before I buy. Is Gigabyte a good brand for Netbooks?

Second, the only site I could find where it is sold is ExcaliberPC. Is it a reliable online retailer? DO you know any other site where I could find it around the same price tag? 600 USD If any of you is from Canada, do you know canadian retailer for this product?

My use of the Netbook?
I want a long battery life.
I'll use it a lot during University lectures.
Accounting programs
Word, Excel, etc...
I want to be able to watch HD movies.
No games or anything like that...

Thank you!
ZJohnAsZ is offline Reply With Quote

hpfreak

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2010

Firstly, link is broken, find a new one, or correct this one. I've never heard of excalibarpc, but then again, I'm narrow-minded about ordering online, I prefer, fry's, bestbuy, amazon... And only manufacturer sites...

http://www.amazon.com/ASUS-1000HE-10-1-Inch-Black-Netbook/dp/B001QTXL82

According to Amazon, the battery will last 13 hours. A safe estimate would be 7 under heavy use, and less under less intensive tasks, such as email, instead of watching videos...

You should not watch HD videos on it. It has a low-power intergrated GPU, and a below HD standards screen.

What is your budget?

Here is something else worth noting:

Battery Life
The X120e with AMD E-350 APU delivered 5 hours and 53 minutes of battery life with the screen set to 70% brightness, wireless active and continuously refreshing a website, and Windows 7 set to the "balanced" power profile. This is almost one and a half hours more battery run time than the X100e but slightly less than the HP Pavilion dm1z. It's also worth mentioning that the low-cost ThinkPad X120e provides significantly better battery life than the much more expensive IdeaPad U260 ultraportable notebook.

http://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-Thinkpad-X120E-11-6-Inch-Laptop/dp/B004VDKOO4/ref=sr_1_73?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1309460266&sr=1-73

This will play HD Movies/videos, it has a decent processor for word processing and different programs. The GPU is low profile, but is powerful enough to play HD.

I know Gigabyte as a Motherboard manufacturer, I was aware of the fact that they build computers, but I think that there are better things out there instead of their PCs...

zjohnasz

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2011
Thank you for answer. :)
I corrected the link, so you can have a llok at the T1005P.

I have a budget of around 600-700 CAD.
What I like with the Gigabyte Netbook is the I/O that there are on it. It also has the best Atom processor that it is possible to find on the market these days, a N570. It is touchscreen and has a resolution of 1366x768. I read reviews that state that it can reach a 6h30 of battery life. But if you want to have a look at the T1005P, maybe you will be able to recommand me other Netbooks that are of the same kind.