Solved! GIMP 2 Pressure Sensitivity Issue using GAOMON Graphics Tablet

SwissxPiplup

Estimable
Aug 6, 2015
I short while ago I had no problems with GIMP 2 and my tablet, they both worked in harmony, but I recently had to uninstall GIMP 2 from my external hard drive and reinstall it on my computer; however, upon reinstalling GIMP 2 my tablet wouldn't draw anything.

After trying a few different things such as resetting the mode from screen to disabled and back again, and uninstalling GIMP 2 and my drivers, then reinstalling them in that order, and of course searching for solutions; I have run out of ideas.

Currently while using my tablet with screen mode disabled, it will draw lines as normal but with no pressure sensitivity, the lines remain the same thickness.
With screen mode enabled, the tablet will not only be unable to draw, but the cursor will actually freeze in place and will not follow the pen.

I am still able to use the pen to select tools and interact with menus, I just can't seem to get the drawing to work.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

Solution
So after extensively searching deeper for more solutions, I came across a post made for GIMP 2.8 in which users were having a similar problem, they solved it by reverting to a previous version, so I decided to do the same and now I'm not experiencing the issue anymore.
It appears there is a bug in GIMP 2.10.8 stopping screen mode from working correctly with tablets, causing the cursor to freeze anywhere over the canvas; this bug does not exist in GIMP 2.10.6 for anyone else experiencing it.

SwissxPiplup

Estimable
Aug 6, 2015
So after extensively searching deeper for more solutions, I came across a post made for GIMP 2.8 in which users were having a similar problem, they solved it by reverting to a previous version, so I decided to do the same and now I'm not experiencing the issue anymore.
It appears there is a bug in GIMP 2.10.8 stopping screen mode from working correctly with tablets, causing the cursor to freeze anywhere over the canvas; this bug does not exist in GIMP 2.10.6 for anyone else experiencing it.

Solution