Gizmodo Editor's Devices Examined in iPhone Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trueno07

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2009
But Jobs was very clear on the matter, saying that "letting it slide" would change Apple's core values. "I can't do that," he admitted. "I'd rather quit."

Please let it slide, Apple.

tsnorquist

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2009
@Tyellock,

Aliens and Terminator were pretty good flicks - can't knock him too much. Sure Cameron is Bi-Polar & Insane, but he does do some pretty amazing stuff.

If anyone was to direct this movie it'd be Kevin Smith.

G

1984 - it's funny and sad re-watching that commercial.

A change in Apples core values sound like a good thing to me. One day looking back I'm sure 2010 will be seen as the year Apple really lost it's glory and reverted to being just another company (Not that it is anything new Apple being bad but merely that now more people are seeing it).

Snipergod87

Distinguished
May 26, 2009
[citation][nom]matt314[/nom]How did they extort him exactly?[/citation]
I was wondering that myself, and he keeps saying that the device is stolen yet there is no proof if it was stolen or lost, he shouldn't be spouting nonsense until we get all the facts.

G

Chen said that if Apple asked for the Phone back he would give it back to them. So how is that extortion exactly? Of course Chen could be lying. Either way, this just makes Jobs (and Apple) look more and more like the over-controlling Big Brother that we all know he wants to be. The polar opposite of what Apple was supposed to be oh so long ago. Now its nothing but lawsuits, intimidation, and overpriced shiny objects.

Desertlax

Distinguished
May 23, 2008
Weren't there multiple attempts to return the device made? that were turned down by apple, who believed there was no possible way their might be a gap in their iron-clad security.

theubersmurf

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2008
I've gone from a small distaste for apple (mostly over how heavily proprietary they've gotten) to outright hatred over those comments. Everything he said sounds like a paranoid's treatment of the matter. I don't know for certain what happened, no one does but Jason and the guy who found the phone, but his accusations sound crazy. When did Jason Chen/Gizmodo make any effort to extort Apple? I really want to know. And he's in the seat of the "victim" in the case, the more distorted his perspective on the matter, the more distorted the accusations and difficult to unearth the arguments. It's sort of like a wild accusation you receive that you have no idea how to respond to, the more distant it is from reality, the harder it is to redress.

G

he seems to be mentioning the word sex quite a bit lately.....

Parrdacc

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2008
"But Jobs was very clear on the matter, saying that "letting it slide" would change Apple's core values. "I can't do that," he admitted. "I'd rather quit." "

You have core values? When did this happen?

G

Jobs is kind of a little girl when it comes to holding grudges.

Usersname

Distinguished
May 10, 2010
[citation][nom]Desertlax[/nom]er.... There might beAlso...no edit button? or am I missing it?[/citation]No! Absolutely no effort was made to contact Apple with intent to return the iPhone prototype. That is why it has become a criminal investigation.

bfstev

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
In order for this to be extortion, Gizmodo would have had to taken the device and then demanded money from apple for it or they would do something with it like release pics or a break down. I dodnt recall Gizmodo asking for money from apple so I dont see how this can even be mistaken as extortion. I think Steve is starting to loose his mind. He's sounding more and more like the head of SCO when they went after linux.

Status
Not open for further replies.