Glitch Google App

seaseeker1

Prominent
Nov 12, 2017
Has anyone found a solution to getting back into their Android after locking it with the Google Find My Device app. It's Nov. 2017, still no solutions given on the Google playstore forum. I went to incredible advanced lengths to get around the locked screen which doesn't respond to the password. I have a Moto E 2nd V. I don't want to lose my data.

Solution
Alas, if that is the kind of problem you are having, the only people that could help would be the people at Google. I say that because for any of us to try and assist would be basically trying to help someone circumvent a lock on a device, which we can't do.

seaseeker1

Prominent
Nov 12, 2017
Believe me, when you sign into yr google acct and go into this app, if you choose the 'Lock' option, you are forced to create a password and you then have the choice to insert a message and recovery #. then you click 'Lock' there is no unlock option in this app to activate remotely. Another glitch in the app is that I activated the Lock on a Friday night, found the phone next day without using the app because the app sent us to a house across town, wrong location - it was in my driveway. The app wasn't on the phone and I used the phone without ever seeing the lock password activated. if someone else found it, they could have used the phone. The Lock feature didn't kick in until the following Wed. Just from this alone, there are serious problems with this app. Go to google forum with this topic and there are hundreds of us with the same problem of inputting our created passwd without gaining access. Frustrating - one app user wants to sue Google - good luck with doing that!

Alas, if that is the kind of problem you are having, the only people that could help would be the people at Google. I say that because for any of us to try and assist would be basically trying to help someone circumvent a lock on a device, which we can't do.

Solution

seaseeker1

Prominent
Nov 12, 2017

seaseeker1

Prominent
Nov 12, 2017
I understand what you're saying Webworkings. The kicker is that Google will not fix the damn app for those of use who are stuck. At least Google can post a solution to the forum with a statement saying the app has been updated with a deactivation of the lock feature so we can sign into our accts and at last be able to use our phones. There is a feature that popped up the other day on the app, 'Log out of your google acct' but it does not really say much as to what the user can do if they do in fact 'log out' of the phone. Will there be a prompt on the phone that will allow you to 'log' back in so you can use it. the explanation for that tab is: by logging out of your phone, people who find the phone will not be able to use it. So how then Google, can one log back into the phone, I don't see a 'log in your device' on the app from my PC which is what one uses when they lose the darn phone! Thanks webworkings for your input. I'm giving up and today I like others, am off to buy a new phone!