Gmail Adds 'Undo' Send Button

Status
Not open for further replies.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
Sure five seconds might be enough time for you to fix potentially blonde mistakes like forgetting to attach a file to a mail that reads, “See attached,”

ima dude, i love me some jokes, but this is pretty unprofessional.

jerreece

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2006
Funny thing is, I was just thinking about such a feature a couple days ago. It's pretty easy to send a business email and forget to attach a file that was requested.

However, 5 seconds is ridiculous. It isn't going to be enough time for someone to click the Undo button out of remorse. But most of all, if anyone has any knowledge of the internet, they'll know that 5 seconds sometimes isn't enough time to even load a webpage during peak bandwidth hours.

As an example. Here at work, with a T-1 line, I generally click on a Tomshardware link, then alt-tab to something else to wait for the 30 seconds it takes to download all the Ads on Tom's before the article I actually wanted to see appears.

So, if I had to wait 30 seconds for the page to load in the first place, I'd miss the 5 second rule for the Undo button. ;)

matt87_50

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
why can't they make it that you can just recall the mail when ever? just send the mail when they hit send, but then make it so they can recall any of their last 5 messages or something, if the receiver has checked their mail then too bad, but otherwise they'ed never know. it would be cool if you could know if your message has been read too, but this may lead to privacy/bandwidth issues

bittoe

Distinguished
May 20, 2008
[citation][nom]matt87_50[/nom]why can't they make it that you can just recall the mail when ever? just send the mail when they hit send, but then make it so they can recall any of their last 5 messages or something, if the receiver has checked their mail then too bad, but otherwise they'ed never know. it would be cool if you could know if your message has been read too, but this may lead to privacy/bandwidth issues[/citation]
return receipt has been around for a long time. there's really no reason, technically, why unread mail cancellation/retrieval could not be implemented

Pei-chen

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007
[citation][nom]JMcEntegart[/nom]@Pei-Chen: A natural blonde talking down her own kind. That's the kind of class you can't buy.[/citation]
You a kinda a traitor then. Or a King David style scheme against the redhead.

dlvonde

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2008
you people complaining about the blonde joke need to take your limp wrists away from the keyboard for a while.

coldmast

Distinguished
May 8, 2007
@JMcEntegart
I like the proposed idea of setting the time delay for yourself.

I would like to have time delays with labels: like if I'm [drunk] emailing it should be 10 hours, if I'm [angry] emailing 4 hours, and applying for [jobs] 2 hours.

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
@coldmast: That's an awesome idea but how would you set the label? If I was really angry I'd just say eff this and just set it to "happy-go-lucky" so I could send the damn email!

coldmast

Distinguished
May 8, 2007
@eklipz330
@Pei-chen
for just a dollar a day, the price of a bad cup of coffee, you too can stand up for equality rights of the blondish. You'll start by receiving the picture & profile of your blond at which point you can decide to send them a pink netbook and a instructional guide on the computers and the internet, so they too can join the good fight.

I know quite a few people who are naturally blond. None of them are stupid, but in the odd case they do make a mistake they sometimes blame it on their blond hair -- as a joke. Seeing as the author is also a confessed natural blond can't it be inferred that she was merely making a joke about her own past experiences.

coldmast

Distinguished
May 8, 2007
@JMcEntegart
well then you're effed?
I wish I had even a 5 second button that I could repeatedly use in real life, I'd just have to keep all my answers short ;)

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
@coldmast: au contraire, I never forgot the attachment pre dye-job. Ever since I went "auburn" I send emails that say, "Check it out, lads!" but forget the link. This happens at least once a day. :(

eccentric909

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2006
[citation][nom]eklipz330[/nom]ima dude, i love me some jokes, but this is pretty unprofessional.[/citation]
No, it's just you being over-sensitive. Nothing wrong with making a story a little more entertaining to read.

Status
Not open for further replies.