no email goes unsorted or
decided upon.

with my emails sorted
into folders I can easily look
through the folders I want
to look at and read my spam
years later ... haha

G

Sounds like a great idea! I know there are always things I search for first. If they were always in a priority mailbox, that would save time.

hamstamps

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
Cool!

This will be usefull for when people are waiting for a important email, but don't want to have to wait and sort out all of there emails...

drutort

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2007
i thought archive was made for all the stuff you might need or u think u need... but i guess this is another level so thats good, i was also personally using labels but that doesnt learn your emails obviously, so this is really nice feature

proxy711

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2009
I really didn't have any issues with floods of unimportant emails what would make finding the important ones a challenge, that's what report spam is for, but this certainly isn't a bad change.

sseyler

Distinguished
May 14, 2008
The penultimate sentence in the penultimate paragraph contains the word "interferance". The editing needs to improve. Even if there is some odd colloquial use of the spelling used here, it must have stemmed from people who couldn't spell "interference" correctly in the first place. Let's just stick with the spelling.

sseyler

Distinguished
May 14, 2008
[citation][nom]sseyler[/nom]The penultimate sentence in the penultimate paragraph contains the word "interferance". The editing needs to improve. Even if there is some odd colloquial use of the spelling used here, it must have stemmed from people who couldn't spell "interference" correctly in the first place. Let's just stick with the spelling.[/citation]

Correction:

* Let's just stick with the standard spelling.

furylicious

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
And this is why I've stuck with gmail for the past few years, it seems like they are the only ones taking the initiative advance their email system to be more user friendly and convenient. I wish other companies were as innovative in their thinking as Google. Maybe I will send an email to remind myself to prioritize my time to use this :p

celticbattlepants

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2006
"...mail going forward..." Does that mean it only applies to emails you have forwarded to other contacts? Or does it apply to replies as well? I prefer mail going backwards to be honest :)

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
I haven't used GMail's interface since I signed up for the service. I have everything forwarded straight to my Yahoo account then archived. I few months ago I wanted to go into GMail and organize all my old emails. Well, apparently there's NO WAY to show un-labeled emails. This means that I can't find stuff I haven't organized yet and separate from the stuff I already have. If someone can show me how to show ONLY emails without a label, I'd appreciate it.

Oh, wait, sorry, got off track. Its a nifty idea, but man, its sets a bad precident. Sure, in the past, you could have said Google isn't evil and wouldn't do something bad, but I think their dealings with Verizon just goes to show Google was just playing dumb. Pretty soon, they will allow people to PAY to deliver emails directly to your "important" section. Don't think it will happen? Yahoo! already tried this years ago (with limited success). However, since they prioritize your emails along with the paid ones, you'll just go on happily using the service, those paid emails just the cost of such wonderful convenience.

timobkg

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2009
[citation][nom]hellwig[/nom]I haven't used GMail's interface since I signed up for the service. I have everything forwarded straight to my Yahoo account then archived. I few months ago I wanted to go into GMail and organize all my old emails. Well, apparently there's NO WAY to show un-labeled emails. This means that I can't find stuff I haven't organized yet and separate from the stuff I already have. If someone can show me how to show ONLY emails without a label, I'd appreciate it.Oh, wait, sorry, got off track. Its a nifty idea, but man, its sets a bad precident. Sure, in the past, you could have said Google isn't evil and wouldn't do something bad, but I think their dealings with Verizon just goes to show Google was just playing dumb. Pretty soon, they will allow people to PAY to deliver emails directly to your "important" section. Don't think it will happen? Yahoo! already tried this years ago (with limited success). However, since they prioritize your emails along with the paid ones, you'll just go on happily using the service, those paid emails just the cost of such wonderful convenience.[/citation]
You can star all your labeled emails (just select a label, and star all those emails), then select all the un-starred emails from the dropdown box at the top left.

Also, I think the second part is kind of paranoid. I think it's more likely that Google wants to sell Gmail as an Outlook alternative to businesses, and make more money from adds. It would be a foolish business decision to do what you proposed.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
I'd like to have a section for mailing lists. I like to go through my actual email first before I start reading my NewEgg deals etc. Or even filter the emails between generated emails and email from actual people.

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
I get an amazing amount of mail... and i stay on top of it. People just need to prioritize and make mail a little more important. If mail comes in, address it ASAP and do something with it...file it, delete it or respond to it. SIMPLE!

I love the rules in Gmail and have some 1000+ I would guess but some spam still comes in.

danieth

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2010
This looks very useful. Maybe other email groups can actually catch up between Google talk, and other Google features.

Status
Not open for further replies.