Go Daddy Sees Record Sales Day After Weird Super Bowl Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigMack70

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2007
Oh goodness don't encourage them to do more of this nonsense... I'd boycott GoDaddy on principle after that perverse crap they call "advertising".

Obviously I'm not the majority...

jacobdrj

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2005
[citation][nom]BigMack70[/nom]Oh goodness don't encourage them to do more of this nonsense... I'd boycott GoDaddy on principle after that perverse crap they call "advertising".Obviously I'm not the majority...[/citation]
We United Statesians... Such prudes... ;-)

bigdragon

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
Tom's should stop giving GoDaddy more free advertising. I don't want to see anything GoDaddy-related on this site.

tokencode

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2010
[citation][nom]bobusboy[/nom]@bigmack70I'd be more concerned about boycotting them because of that SOPA crap.[/citation]

I agree, forget the hot chicks you'll never get with anyway, remember their position on SOPA

icepick314

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2002
man...and I thought people in IT or related to IT are FAR smarter than using GoDaddy...

there are so many better domain registrar and web servers than GoDaddy who rather spend money on advertisement than better service and equipments...

BigMack70

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2007
[citation][nom]bobusboy[/nom]@bigmack70I'd be more concerned about boycotting them because of that SOPA crap.[/citation]

That junk is still around? I thought it had died the horrible death it deserves long ago.

Didn't realize GoDaddy supported it... yeah I'd say that's a bigger reason. Anyone in support of SOPA and other internet restriction policies can go screw themselves.

BigMack70

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2007
Also, I don't dislike that commercial because I'm a prude, I dislike that commercial because I find it offensive that, instead of actually selling their product, they make a blatant attention whore commercial designed to offend and spark conversation.

I don't respect advertisements that don't actually advertise their product and instead just try to attach sex or status or whatever to what they're selling.

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
[citation][nom]BigMack70[/nom]That junk is still around? I thought it had died the horrible death it deserves long ago. Didn't realize GoDaddy supported it... yeah I'd say that's a bigger reason. Anyone in support of SOPA and other internet restriction policies can go screw themselves.[/citation]

GoDaddy also has a terrible customer support record. Look up the "NoDaddy" website.

anti-painkilla

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2011
[citation][nom]downhill911[/nom]Is that because all the nerds are now hoping to get a chance to kiss that girl?Nope, nerds do not give a.......![/citation]

Nerds know better than to use GoDaddy.

G

I love that the ad because it pissed off so many manhating prudes, but other than that!

G

First off, the idea of super models dating nerds is nothing new...Bill Gates, Steve Jobs and a lot of other rich and successful people could date a super model, which takes me to my next point, some people will do anything for money. Look at the adult entertainment industry.

ta152h

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
Kissing isn't sex. Sorry, extrapolating from this that sex sells (which is obviously true anyway), is bizarre and shows a one-track mind.

Pretty girls do sell. Even if they are just kissing, or even if they are wearing a beautiful dress.

If this commercial showed the girl half naked in a bed with the guy, that would be more sexual. Kissing? That's a reach.

I personally found the commercial disgusting. I think that's where it was going. Shock/disgust to get a reaction. If this commercial was sexy to you, maybe you need a pill from a doctor.

Status
Not open for further replies.