GoldenEye Gets Wii Remake; Old Bond Gets Cut

Status
Not open for further replies.

touchdowntexas13

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
I too was surprised about the whole Daniel Craig thing.

It's not like you would use Pierce Brosnan if you were ever going to make a "Goldfinger" game.

I guess maybe they are doing it because they think it will sell better with the younger crowd. I guess?

Anyways I think the Wii should do this with a few of the old Nintendo 64 titles. I just wonder what kind of price these kinds of games will cost.

Vampyrbyte

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2009
God it looks like its running in a nintendo 64 emulator. I hope they improve the graphics a bit or ill just drag the N64 out of the closet.

Tuguz

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2010
When nintendo first released the Wii, it was obvious that the hardware would be a serious limiter on the quality of the games.

In my opinion the Wii is the worst console in terms of games quality. The motion sensors where very awkward, some people say you have to get used to it but it should track my movement accurately as that was the aim of the Wii.

Maybe Wiimote+ or something improved that(years later), didn't try it and I'm not really interested in trying it.

touchdowntexas13

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
[citation][nom]Tuguz[/nom]When nintendo first released the Wii, it was obvious that the hardware would be a serious limiter on the quality of the games.In my opinion the Wii is the worst console in terms of games quality. The motion sensors where very awkward, some people say you have to get used to it but it should track my movement accurately as that was the aim of the Wii.Maybe Wiimote+ or something improved that(years later), didn't try it and I'm not really interested in trying it.[/citation]

I will definitely have to disagree somewhat. I don't particularly like the majority of the games that come out for the Wii, but it has some really good Wii-exclusive titles.

As far as controls go, I have never tried playing anything like a first person shooter. I played Mario Galaxy for a while but it was never natural to me. But Tiger Woods PGA Tour was a HECK of a lotta fun. I don't think motion controls can get any better than that, and I definitely would not enjoy the game nearly as much if I was playing it with a regular controller.

In any case I don't really play the Wii. It was a short fad for me.

cashews

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2009
I rate Goldeneye 64 to be one of the best games of all time, unfortunately the Wii version will probably not do it justice.

azone

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2008
I always wanted them to do a remake of this game! however, the wii sucks and no Pierce? come one... This doesn't look like a heart felt remake, just a quick buck. Well hopefully if anything they can capture that old golden eye atmosphere that gave the game to much character.

figgus

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2010
Pierce Brosnan didn't make Goldeneye great, gameplay and great controls did. The game was well balanced, the controls were ideal, and the multiplayer was the best part of the game.

If they focus on the wrong things (like who is playing bond) this game is going to flop just as hard as every post-goldenye Bond has.

gmarsack

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2009
I have a Wii, and it collects dust because the games (aside from the slew of Mario games) suck pretty bad and the graphics are horrid. Not a fan of having to use the remote for everything too. Just got Netflix for the Wii and that's okay so far.. at least it's not sitting collecting dust anymore. GoldenEye with out Pierce isn't GoldenEye... :(

mgoblue3296

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2010
I'm totally fine with them using Craig. I would be extremely disappointed if the game was just a remake of the N64 version, at that point I'd just play it on N64 with the older crowd, while the younger crowd could play as Craig.

I think the Wii could really handle this well, Red Steel used the Motion+ well, and other COD type shooters have nearly nailed the controls (just not the other parts). And Wi-Fi multiplayer, if anything like the original, will be sweet. No need to have friends!

PreciousL

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2009
Wait... Wait... so it is a new '007 Goldeneye'? However, not 'Goldeneye' but rather '007' and they decided to call it 'Goldeneye' instead of continuing with a '007' franchise? Sounds to me like something is lost in english-japanese translation here?

Goldeneye is one story of James Bond. Once you have moved on to a new story about 007 you are moving on with 007 not Goldeneye.

metallifux

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2010
hopefully they can spruce up the graphics a bit so it doesn't look like a N64 game! They couldn't use Pierce cause of licensing but who cares, its not like you see him when you are playing.

Maxor127

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
I'm assuming they did it because of issues with using Brosnan's likeness or it Activision may have forced the issue in order to allow a remake to be made. Either way, I think it's dumb too, especially if they keep the likenesses of other actors like Sean Bean. Or will they use generic, unrecognizable faces for the other characters? Or cut them out completely?

Status
Not open for further replies.