GoldenEye Wii Gets Golden Classic Controller Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomsSound

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2003
Nice! At least they acknowledge the fact that many people don't want to play GoldenEye with the nunchuck wiimote.
Kudos to Nintendo.

tsnorquist

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2009
[citation][nom]tethoma[/nom]n64 Goldeneye, must have logged 5000 hours. 15 years later same graphics. I doubt it will be as good as the original.[/citation]

Graphics aren't the most important element in a game. A good story, interaction, and re-playability make a game truly great.

I have found myself playing older games more often than late for these very reasons.

fball922

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2008
I love that they have a trailer of the game in 720p when the Wii doesn't even support that. Really shows off the low-rez textures.

nforce4max

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
It would have been nice had they used the classic N64 controler. I loved how easy it was to use no matter what. Those days were the best that I ever had with a console.

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
Ya know, it doesn't take "SUPREME" graphics to make a game good. I've said it before and I'll say it again, "Another World" is a prime example of this. Great gameplay; smooth, refined animation; great sound and effects... that's all you need. This has been proof throughout gaming history. Anyway, this game actually looks pretty sweet!

Prey

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2006
I agree with the few people about the graphics.. if it is a remake then remake the game and don't rest on the 'all that matters is good game play' laurel. I know there are some differences and I'll probably buy it for nostalgic reasons, but after so long they could have updated the graphics some.

eberleeeee

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2009
The biggest problem that I have is that Activision is making this game. I have a feeling that this will end up being another cash cow . Or this is just to get people to buy the other 007 games again hoping that it will be as good and be disappointed again.

fulle

Distinguished
May 31, 2008
[citation][nom]nforce4max[/nom]It would have been nice had they used the classic N64 controler. I loved how easy it was to use no matter what. Those days were the best that I ever had with a console.[/citation]

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the Gamecube controller design. It's just too cramped for us with average American sized hands! I'm not 10 anymore, and I'm not japanese, so I guess I'm hosed when it comes to Nintendo's newer controller designs. Meanwhile, the N64 controller was awesome for a lot of different games (just not fighting games).

nforce4max

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
[citation][nom]fulle[/nom]Yeah, I'm not a fan of the Gamecube controller design. It's just too cramped for us with average American sized hands! I'm not 10 anymore, and I'm not japanese, so I guess I'm hosed when it comes to Nintendo's newer controller designs. Meanwhile, the N64 controller was awesome for a lot of different games (just not fighting games).[/citation]

I agree even with my hands being like that of a watch maker these new controllers don't offer the room and comfort of the N64. Plus one can one hand the controller while eating ect. The Z and C buttons are awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.