Good 3D Animation/VFX Program?

_Azn

Honorable
Dec 22, 2013
I'm looking into studying Graphic, Animation and VFX design in Uni, and I need a good VFX Program that wont cost me a fortune (like Adobes). My budget is about $300.

Gigabyte GTX 780
Intel I7 4790
RipjawsX 1600 8GB
I think my computer will be able to handle rendering and those designing requirements thing they were talking about

Solution
hi, i had same problem. great desire for 3d modeling and animating.... and btw my budget sucks too..
i was working previously in maya 3d, but its not cheap.... so i looked for alternative.. then i found Blender. its freeware and offers more than avarage 3d modeling program. modeling , animation, game engine, working with nodes, video editing..... all is there.
i was thrilled that a program like this could be freeware. so i diged into it. for the beggining it ate my nerves, coz user interface is kinda specific for that program, but i was determined to master it. well i still dont, but im allready able to work some modelling and stuff. it pays off to be patience, and learn a lot from many tutorials.
so conclusion:
if u wana just try it...

bambiboom

Honorable
Apr 7, 2012
_Azn,

In determining which program to learn, have a look at as many job listings in that field you can find. For example in architecture, almos every listing will ask for AutoCad, Revit, Sketchup or Rhino, and some Adobe applications like Photoshop and/or Illustrator. In industrial design, Solidworks is more prevalent than Inventor. If you don't learn and have a strong capability in the programs the firms require, you will not be competitive for jobs, no matter how good your design capabilities are. Even if you are a solo consultant, you will need to be able to produce in the formats used by the clients. Also, clients want to know you've got the best software and latest versions.

For the applications you mention, I would suggest you consider: Maya, 3DS Max, Vray, and Adobe CS- or CS components including Photoshop, Illustrator, Audition, and Premiere. Maya I would say is probably really important to know.

Fortunately, Autodesk is very education-friendly and it appears that if you qualify as a student there is a free educational version of about everything they make. See>

http://www.autodesk.com/education/free-software/all

Quite amazing. The Autodesk approach to accessibility has paid off for them as everyone learned AutoCad plus today Revit, Maya, and 3DS are industry standards.

Adobe is not as generous, but do provide their software at a substantial discount to students- I think the Adobe CS subscription is about half-price.

So, besides the issue of the quality of the software, keep in mind what everyone else- especially employers- use and learn those in whatever way you have to- student, demo /trial, visiting a friend. The learning curve of something like Maya is tremendous and if you get on a path using Floppo Home Animation there will be problem in the future getting projects or employment.

You have a relatively good system for many applications, but do some research and you'll find that some applications using viewports - like Maya will have better performance and image quality using a workstation graphics card- like Maya and 3DS, and those cards can also run up to 64x and 128x antialiasing- very important in using refined textures. See>

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/syscert?siteID=123112&id=18844534&results=1&stype=graphic&product_group=19&release=2015&os=32768&manuf=all&opt=0

> and notice which cards are recommended and certified.

Cheers,

BambiBoom

mkosi35

Estimable
Jun 17, 2014
hi, i had same problem. great desire for 3d modeling and animating.... and btw my budget sucks too..
i was working previously in maya 3d, but its not cheap.... so i looked for alternative.. then i found Blender. its freeware and offers more than avarage 3d modeling program. modeling , animation, game engine, working with nodes, video editing..... all is there.
i was thrilled that a program like this could be freeware. so i diged into it. for the beggining it ate my nerves, coz user interface is kinda specific for that program, but i was determined to master it. well i still dont, but im allready able to work some modelling and stuff. it pays off to be patience, and learn a lot from many tutorials.
so conclusion:
if u wana just try it, dont... if u wanna work in it for long term period, i recomend it.
good luck

Solution