Good Gaming Laptop

Damorihno

Honorable
Jan 18, 2014
Hi guys,
I've been looking around but not sure what gaming laptop to get. I have a budget of about€1,000. Any suggestions guys? I don't want a super, excellent one. Just one that will run a good few games decently. If ye want any more info just ask.

Thanks,
Damo

Damorihno

Honorable
Jan 18, 2014
Also, there are very bad reviews. Noisy GPU, German keyboard and plug. Only comes with freeDOS and screen is cheap and has bad viewing angle. Any thoughts on the Toshiba Qosmio range?

Every product on the market is cheap, if you listen to Newegg and Amazon reviews. There are problems with every device currently being sold in the world, bar none. Even $2000.00 units will have people who are complaining about the quality or features. There will be an equal number of people praising it. You can't put much stock in what reviews at those places say, as half the time or more, they are people who have no idea what the actual expectations for the device should be.

As well, for that price range you're not likely to find yourself in a category representing the "best of the best". Now, that's not to say the unit doesn't have any issues, I'm sure it does. Honestly though, and I've purchased many laptops and worked on many laptops for clients, the units I've been most impressed with in the mid tier price range have been the Thinkpad and Y series by Lenovo and the HP Envy series. There are of course differing models within those series with both higher and lower quality models and very different feature packages.

Are you more concerned with features or portability? You don't indicate any preference on unit screen size.

This one exceeds your budget, but has good specs, good "reviews", if you want to call them that, and is built by ASUS whom I have little trouble trusting when it comes to quality of hardware and components. Most every item I've bought or come in contact with from ASUS had at least ok, and in most cases, great, quality and features. That being said, this unit a bit large and not necessarily optimal for portability, but will probably serve you well in the areas you indicated as desirable.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/G750JM-T4049H-17-3-inch-Notebook-i7-4700HQ-Bluetooth/dp/B00I1BRDVO/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1413037355&sr=1-1&keywords=860m+laptop

Also, perhaps you should be more clear next time as you first indicated:

I don't want a super, excellent one. Just one that will run a good few games decently.

and then when I show you one that fits the bill you then say:

Only comes with freeDOS and screen is cheap and has bad viewing angle

For a relatively inexpensive unit that comes with a decent CPU and GPU, you might want to lower your expectations in some of the other areas. Generally, units that are excellent in ALL categories, don't come with price tags that land them in the grey areas.

Damorihno

Honorable
Jan 18, 2014

Ok, I want more features, portability can be barely movable if you want. Also, maybe about a 15" screen. Non matte prefered. I just want it to be ableto run decent games at decent speeds and quality. Nothing magnificent. Also, a dedicated graphics card would be preferred.
And I might be able to pull a budget of €1,300 for the ASUS notebook.

Damorihno

Honorable
Jan 18, 2014

Well sorry. When I click that link it only brings up one. Anyway, it's the Lenovo Y40-80 80FA001EUS, but please feel free to make another recommendation on that page that's under €1,000
Damorihno

That's an ok unit. It doesn't have a high end GPU but what it's got, the R9 275M, is upper mid class, so it should do well if your expectations aren't unrealistic. Since it's 1920x1080, I wouldn't expect to play the most demanding titles at more than medium, maybe high, but for a laptop that's not bad, all things considered.