Good home theatre projector?

Solution
I'd probably lean towards the Epson as well. When I was in the market, I was really impressed with the Powerlite 8350 (just outside of my price range). I am very happy, however, with my Optoma HD20. You may want to look into their current models as well.

-Wolf sends
I'd probably lean towards the Epson as well. When I was in the market, I was really impressed with the Powerlite 8350 (just outside of my price range). I am very happy, however, with my Optoma HD20. You may want to look into their current models as well.

-Wolf sends

Solution
The Epson uses 3 LCD panels while the Benq use a single DLP panel. This requires a color wheel which has to spin at high speed in front of the panel. This limits light output and adds another thing that can go wrong. Some people are sensitive to the rainbow effect that the single DLP/colorwheel can create on the screen sometimes. The Epson also has 10bit video processing (could not fine that spec on Benq).

iam2thecrowe

Distinguished
i would disagreee with the choice for epsin, as i used to service them, the lenses and lcd's wear relatively quickly (sometimes with around 3000-4000hrs) and you get dull images, dust collection on lenses, and image burn in. If you are going that way keep the projector in a very clean room, keep the air filter clean, and dont use for prolonged periods which seems to be the biggest killer (eg people using it 6 hrs a day like a tv). Couldnt tell you much about benq, but i do know that DLP projectors arent as much affected by dust and duration of watching/burn-in, but then they have some other issues that you can come across, not as high contrast, sharpness etc.

zoog18

Estimable
Mar 29, 2014
It will not be used for 6 hours a day, but I do plan on keeping it for a good while, also according to most reviews that I've read, the BenQ beets the epson all the time in everything except shadow quality, can someone point to reviews showing the epson as being better?

iam2thecrowe

Distinguished

I would suggest if the place your buying it from offers extended warranties then take it if you plan to keep it a while. Keep in mind blown lamps wont be covered under that warranty. In my experience the epsons blow lamps quite a bit, been a few years since i worked on them maybe they have fixed that issue? So it woul be a good idea to look around at lamp costs and expected life also.

TRENDING THREADS