Good laptop for college student.

FutureNurse

Honorable
Jan 7, 2014
Hi my name is matthew. I'm new to toms hardware and I had a question. I'm currently in the process of getting my prerequs out of the way for nursing school. I'm looking at two laptops I know that will fit my needs. I'm looking at the Alienware M14. I plan on getting the barebones M14 with microsoft office home and student. I'm also going to upgrade the display to the 1920x1080. The second choice I have is just a barebones Apple macbook Pro. I can afford all the things on the alienware but I can only afford a barebones macbook pro. Sorry but this is my situation. My uses for this laptop is light gaming(i'm in nursing School.) Typing papers and just want to have a badass laptop in general. I know the only thing 14 is the screen. Thanks for your time.

Solution
If you could find this in a non refurb http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834231333. I do not recommend Alienware I have dealt with too many problems with them to suggest one. I like Asus this model has double fans, it is hearty repairs, are easy and quick, it is 17 inches which for gaming is my standard. The 765 isn't the best graphics but for your price point you will not find better in the two brand you suggested. If you must go with alienware however they are having a sale just check dealnews.com

mp3061

Honorable
Dec 31, 2013
If you could find this in a non refurb http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834231333. I do not recommend Alienware I have dealt with too many problems with them to suggest one. I like Asus this model has double fans, it is hearty repairs, are easy and quick, it is 17 inches which for gaming is my standard. The 765 isn't the best graphics but for your price point you will not find better in the two brand you suggested. If you must go with alienware however they are having a sale just check dealnews.com

Solution

Alpha3031

Honorable
Nov 27, 2013

Not refurbished :D