Good laptop for work and gaming under 750?

datGuy

Honorable
May 21, 2012
Hi, I'm looking for a good computer for gaming and school for under 750, but if there's one under 700 that'd be great.
I've looked around a bit, but I don't really know where to start. I would like to have a at least i5 core and 6gb of ram, however I don't need much more then a 400gb hard drive.

Investigate the new AMD Trinity APU's just being released. I recommend Asus or HP.

You mention the Intel i5 CPU, but due to the graphics you won't have nearly as good a gaming experience as a similarly priced APU. Nor do you likely need that CPU processing more for most tasks anyway.

BestBuy has a pretty good site that lets you organize by price, CPU etc.

I don't think I saw any Trinity APU's yet, but for your price here's a really awesome laptop:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Pavilion+Laptop+/+AMD+A-Series+Processor+/+15.6%22+Display+/+6GB+Memory+/+640GB+Hard+Drive+-+Dark+Umber/2738329.p?id=1218348120631&skuId=2738329

(It has switchable graphics so you can use the more efficient GPU for non-gaming to save battery life.

I assumed a 15.6" screen because you were in school. You can hook up to a screen with the HDMI output.

*Anyway, if you want the best value with some gaming potential one of the better APU's with good graphics is the best way to go.