Good microphone and headphones?

jeezygy

Estimable
Dec 19, 2014
Hey, I'm looking for good gaming/mucis headphones and a good microphone.

I'm thinking about maybe getting the at2020 Usb+
But don't really know what accessories i need to make it sound better.

My budget for the headphones is about
183$ Or less.
And do i need a amp for the audio for the headphones?

juanrdp

Honorable
Nov 7, 2012

Just a couple of things, usually good music headphones aren't good at gaming, and it's almost sure that good gaming aren't good at all at music. The gamming headphones usually have a microphone, do you want a desk mic or a headset one is good enought?, you are using the mic only for voice communication?

What would be the main use gamming or music?

First you need a good soundcard, or have a decent mb with a good sound chip, what is your mainboard?

Depends, several high-end headphones have a high impedance and need outputs that are able to move that headphones, if you use a high impedance headphone with a sound card that is unable to power it you will need a amp or you will get low volumen and terrible quuality sound.

theLeggo

Estimable
Dec 26, 2014
The at2020 may be overkill unless you plan on starting up a podcast. If it is just for teamspeak then go with a samson meteor for 50-60 or blue yeti for 90-100 and spend the rest on headphones.

around ~180 you can get several headphones. If you want big soundstage and bass go with the phillips fidelio x1 or sony mdr-ma900 for open headphones. otherwise, the ath-a900x is great for a neutral slightly bassy closed headphone.

jeezygy

Estimable
Dec 19, 2014
I'm building a new pc and the mobo is going to be the;
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VII HERO

I want a good desktop mic , thats why i was thinking about the at2020 usb +
I'm going to use the mic for
youtube, teamspeak,skype and ingame talk.
So i need a good mic, the thing i was wondering about the mic will i need any accessories to make it sound better like a equalizer or something? And there was an
mic accessories to remove the background noise and make your voice sound more clear and removes sounds like if you eat something like chips it dosen't give crunchy sounds.

The mainly focus on the headphones is gaming i want good sounding headphones
that i can use for a long time,
So i want kinda all good around headphones for mucis sometimes and mainly gaming.
In understand the thibg with the amp but if you suggest any headphones can you please say if i need a amp with them or no.

theLeggo

Estimable
Dec 26, 2014

If you are going to post on to youtube you will need to edit the video probably. The only way you are not going to pick up background noise, like you eating chips, is to use push-to-talk. I still highly suggest the blue yeti, and you can look up youtube reviews for both the at2020 and blue yeti to compare.

Now, if you are mostly using the headphones for long periods of gaming the two i would still suggest are the sennheiser hd558 or sony mdr-ma900. Neither require an amp, both have a good soundstage, and both are great for long listening periods.