Good Software to keep PC fast ?

Aiden2k13

Honorable
Dec 19, 2013
Hey guys, I got Windows 8.1 PRO x64 and I was wondering that which software shall I use to keep it fast and not to let it get slow ?
My rig is Core i7 4771 , 16 GB DDR3 RAM , GTX 760. I have many games installed and many softwares too.
So, when I start my windows, at the login screen , when I click on login and it enters the METRO UI menu , it kinda gets slow , I mean the cursor gets slow for some seconds and then backs to normal.
So, what shall I use to keep my windows fast ? Any registry boosters or any optimization software ?
What do u recommend ?

Thanks in advance.

G

Honestly I experience the same exact thing, and I just reimaged my box yesterday. By chance are you on a mechanical drive or are you running a SSD? I have a different PC (running a SSD) with Win 8.1 Pro x64 and I never experience a lag spike. Maybe someone else can shed some light on this? Also, from 15+ years using Windows I can say (as most can I think) Windows tends to get bloated and slow over time. Not much you can really do. You can run programs like CCLeaner and such, but as a general rule I try to format my boxes once a year to keep them running at peak performance. Maybe I'm just weird.