Good vocal condencer mic around $150-200

scionvalucifer

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2011
Hi, still new to toms, but i wanted to know if u guys could give me some knowledge on some condencer mics. I have a SUREsm57 mic atm. it works very well, it lacks the push i need.. what i mean is if i try to sing low its very very hard to pick it up. i use a M-AUDIO Moble Pre. I all rdy has phantom power. even if i put the gain on it to max the low vocals still hard to hear... Did some reserch, and i see alot of ppl going twords condencers for voacals. i know some can pick up alot of background noise then some say some other condencer mics are not as bad... i def want to try a condencer mic. i have 100 to 200 to spend if 225 230 ect thats np. i use a closet with foam pads (not the best but it will have to do for now :) ) i use protools and also Magix to edit and record.

scionvalucifer

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2011
i used my friends 58 i didnt see a diff... it seem to block more of the pfft and ect but sound was the same.. and the 58 is like a 57 if u un screw the top
:) but ty for the reply, if you know any good condencer mics around that range plz let me know... ill keep looking and googling too. :)

ReggaeMixer

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2011
U gotta be kidding me... SM57's and 58's are for live work, on a stage... If you want to record vocals a condenser mic is the only way to fly! Check out Røde's range very good vocal mics at a reasonable price... http://rodemic.com/microphones.php The NT3 is a very cheap mic that can be used for instruments/brass and vocals, remember this is a realativly cheap mic, if you want a mic exclusivly for vocals you're going to have to jack up the price a little the NT1-A, even the NT2-A are worth looking at...

Then you have the Shure KSM9 http://www.shure.com/americas/products/microphones/ksm/ksm9-handheld-vocal-microphone but I think you'll find the shure to be a little more expensive....

remember these are the "cheap" mics... :)

BTW...NEVER feed phantom power to a cardoid microphone (57/58) real possibility of killing it....