Google Account Contacts Mysteriously Disappearing

Mastermmm

Estimable
Oct 12, 2014
On several occasions, for no reason at all, random contacts are deleted on my Google Account. The first time I remember this happening, I went into my Google Account and reverted to the past week's contacts in hopes to get the old ones back, and it did. Unfortunately, I was never able to figure out why (or how for that matter) they were deleted in the first place.

Has anyone else had this issue, and have an idea of how to prevent this from happening in the future? I don't always have immediate access to go into my Google Account to revert to the past week's contacts, nor do I know when each contact was deleted, and reverting would also cause the loss of new contacts so it is not a reasonable way of handling this issue.

iamnorobot

Prominent
Jun 12, 2017
go to your google account and in your phone permission managet. edit access permission for every apps and other non google accounts. remove access to your gmail and remove permission to contacts(in your phone settings). finally wait and see if the problem continuing or stoped

Mastermmm

Estimable
Oct 12, 2014

I'm not sure if I understand. If I do this, won't this mean it will no longer backup my contacts, and if anything I will be forced to manually do so? If this is the case, I'd rather not take this route.

TRENDING THREADS